+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At33ptg/II arm height question

I'm Kevin.

Why not get the 3g Technics headshell weight at £4 posted?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Andrew.

Just had a senior moment!!!!!! I've noticed actually that the cart height is 16.6mm so I'm not going to worry about it!

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Why not get the 3g Technics headshell weight at £4 posted?
    Oh yeah!

Thanks

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Andrew.

Okay, i ordered a 2.7mm spacer from germany.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263147541995

My System:

I'm Andrew.

Ordered myslef a nice headshell

https://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGZHEAD.html

My System:

I'm Russell.

When setting the VTA, getting the bottom of your cartridge level with the record surface is your usual starting point. If it’s leaning too far forward at minimum height, a spacer is a great idea. A tiny rule or paper gauge can be handy to measure the front and back of the cartridge body, but most of the time you can work by eye. But! If you really want to tinker with VTA, you should use a magnifying glass and look at the needle itself. At recommended force, the diamond tip should be somewhere near a 92 degree angle leaning forward. Not very difficult if you can see it. Once you are here, you can adjust by ear a little, if you like. Who said record players were no fun?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    Ordered myslef a nice headshell

https://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGZHEAD.html

That looks suspiciously like an OEM badged Jelco HS-25, which is made from a magnesium alloy and costs just £45 from https://www.divineaudio.co.uk/jelco-hs25-headshell

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    That looks suspiciously like an OEM badged Jelco HS-25, which is made from a magnesium alloy and costs just £45 from https://www.divineaudio.co.uk/jelco-hs25-headshell
    You are exactly right, it's identical! My dad pointed it out to me just after I'd bought it

Never mind, it's been posted now.

My System:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12