+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qobuz to DAC with remote control via iPhone: How??

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by disarmamant View Post
    It’s not edible, and doesn’t refer to how Ann Boleyn finished her days. In computing terms it refers to a networked PC, usually a server, running remotely without a keyboard, mouse or monitor.

I use a headless server running Vortexbox, Logitech Media Server (LMS) and Roon.

I use ipeng on my iPad to control LMS to stream Qobuz to a Logitech Transporter, and Roon to stream from my music collection on the Vortexbox via Ethernet to a Devialet 220 using the Devialet Air protocol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    On the third reading I realise that your problem is you want to use Qobuz for streaming but Roon for your music library. I don’t want Roon and anyway Qobuz includes booklets for most albums and lots of metadata besides. Those can be accessed from the Lightning app. Can you get the Qobuz booklets and metadata on ipeng?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wilson, Luxman, Innuos, Holo May, Puritan, Garrard

I'm Martin.

Default Qobuz to DAC with remote control via iPhone: How??

Sadly No Qobuz booklets on iPeng. Also, sadly, no Qobuz tie up with Roon either. I use Roon to stream from my ripped music catalogue mainly because of the Roon interface and the superb sound quality via Devialet Air.

I’m waiting for Devialet to fit the new streamer board to my 220 Pro, which will (eventually) enable Qobuz direct streaming to the Devialet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm Steven.

Sadly No Qobuz booklets on iPeng. Also, sadly, no Qobuz tie up with Roon either. I use Roon to stream from my ripped music catalogue mainly because of the Roon interface and the superb sound quality via Devialet Air.

I’m waiting for Devialet to fit the new streamer board to my 220 Pro, which will (eventually) enable Qobuz direct streaming to the Devialet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The reason why I have no interest in Roon is not only because Qobuz did not want to partner with them, but because there has to be a computer involved to store the Roon index, which is something the Aries streamers do.

I occasionally use Dev Air from my MacBook if I don’t have my phone or iPad handy and can be bothered to get either of them. It can’t cope with much HD, drops out. Ok at 16/44. If the new OS card does host Qobuz properly, then I will get rid of the Aries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm Martin.

Default Qobuz to DAC with remote control via iPhone: How??

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    The reason why I have no interest in Roon is not only because Qobuz did not want to partner with them, but because there has to be a computer involved to store the Roon index, which is something the Aries streamers do.

I occasionally use Dev Air from my MacBook if I don’t have my phone or iPad handy and can be bothered to get either of them. It can’t cope with much HD, drops out. Ok at 16/44. If the new OS card does host Qobuz properly, then I will get rid of the
    I started using Roon because they effectively fixed Devialet Air for them! Roon streams anything up to and including 24/192 using Air over Ethernet faultlessly.

I actually prefer the fact that the Roon server is running on a vortexbox headless PC, it means I can backup everything, including the Roon database, to an external USB disk using the vortexbox backup and restore utility which is excellent.

I’m waiting to see exactly what the Devialet Core I board will bring to the party before I decide if I’m going go for a lifetime Roon subscription. When I first got my 220 Pro I was on the brink of buying an Aries, but then the Roon / Devialet tie up was announced.

Last edited by disarmamant; 04-11-2017 at 11:41.

I'm Grant.

I was with you all the way up to effectively
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steven.

I started using Roon because they effectively fixed Dev Air for them! Roon streams anything up to and including 24/192 using Air over Ethernet faultlessly.

I actually prefer the fact that the Roon server is running on a vortexbox headless PC, it means I can backup everything, including the Roon database, to an external USB disk using the vortexbox backup and restore utility which is excellent.

I’m waiting to see exactly what the Devialet Core I board will bring to the party before I decide if I’m going go for a lifetime Roon subscription. When I first got my 220 Pro I was on the brink of buying an Aries, but then the Roon / Devialet tie up was announced.

I think the Roon/Air thing was a software update that they could offer before the hardware update that improved Air for people using a computer source. Of no interest to usb source people like me. The Devialet website has on OS update on 20 October indicating the new streamer board is going to be extremely powerful.

The good thing about the Aries is I could sell it and get most of my money back (I was offered it ex-demo but would have bought it new), or give it to my son.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I was with you all the way up to effectively
    Sorry Grant, and to the op. What would you like me to elaborate on?

montesquieu Guest

I recently set up a spare Macbook to stream directly into my DAC (or rather, into a SPDIF interface and then into my Mac). I haven't actually set it up yet but there is a JRiver control app that will allow selection and control to be done remotely from iPad or iPhone.

I believe the is a mechanism to use something called Splashtop to control Qbuz in the same way from an iPad or iPhone, but I haven't investigated that yet. This feature is also available I believe in Spotify.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12