+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted - Mullard or Telefunken ECC83

Bigman80 Guest

Still looking.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Bought some ""THE FISHER" long plate made by Telefunken.

Interesting. Can't wait!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanobsession View Post
    10 years ago there was a lot of people selling old valves that they had removed from old radios etc , not tested , and there were bargains to be had ,
    ecc83 has a long life , not like power valves , but now most people are selling on ebay with measerments so less bargains , I do think its worth taking a chance on a ecc83 due to the long life , rca and old tungsol being my favourite , lots of fakes on ebay , but not with horse shoe getters or square , so
    if the valve has anything but round its likely to be genuine , there are still bargains to be had , matched triodes are hard to come by , ask langrex ,
    you would have to test 50 to get 5 matched , and to my ears there is no sound difference even when they are fairly unmatched , others I'm sure will
    not agree with this but that my opinion . phil.
    Indeed the market is tighter than then. I personally have never been sold a fake on eBay, though I have a few I've collected as swaps or taken in px out of interest. I am not sure the fakes market is as prevalent as people believe, the requirement of a cheap clean valve to start with might put fakers off, and I imagine they would stick with high ticket valves like Tfk frame grids &c rather than mass market tubes. More prevalent and differently interesting (to a valve nerd like me) are cross-branded items: Philips group are common, but the old EI company sold ECC83 valves made on Philips machines with Philips glass and Telefunken internals. Early valves from this company had genuine Tfk supplied internals and some appear to have been sent back to them for branding and sale. So I have a hybrid with genuine diamond base, pins and metals, but Philips glass casing, sporting both Telefunken's original chalky printing and Philips etched date and factory codes which indicate EI provenance. Is this a fake, and if so of what? Interestingly it seems to have been sold by Brent Jesse as a Tfk original though I am not certain of this. Later EI valves appear to have their metals sourced elsewhere. Audii valves are a minefield, but an interesting one
    Best of luck with your Tfk, I have some Fisher branded Tfk tubes and enjoy them in my phono stage from time to time.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm Sebastian.

If you heater are 6,3v then buy an adapter and a Telefunken ecc808. They are far superior than the hyped and overpriced Telefunken ecc803s
    The russian Voshkov 6n2p-eb or ev are also superior - also need an adapter - and run 6.3v

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I am happy to spend a decent chunk of money for two gas filled bottles based on what I heard today.
    You definately don't want any gas in those bottles!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by disarmamant View Post
    You definately don't want any gas in those bottles!
    Yep, another newbie faux Pas.

I'm reading and learning 🤤

I'm Sebastian.

Give me a pm. I got original old mullards

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msg1979 View Post
    Give me a pm. I got original old mullards
    I'm sorted now thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123