+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Mullard or Telefunken ECC83

Bigman80 Guest

Default Wanted - Mullard or Telefunken ECC83

Has anyone got a pair of matched Mullards or Telefunken valves they are willing to sell for extremely reasonable money?

PM with details if you can help!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm paul.

Sorry Oliver, sold all mine, but mullards are well worth buying. With a bit of patience you can find some on eBay at reasonable prices.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Sorry Oliver, sold all mine, but mullards are well worth buying. With a bit of patience you can find some on eBay at reasonable prices.
    Cheers Paul, I am watching a few bits and bobs so patience it is!!

I'm Edward.

Langrex have several - but at 'ambitious' prices.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Langrex have several - but at 'ambitious' prices.
    No good to me. I'm definitely in the bargain section

Bigman80 Guest

Looks like I'm sorted for a matched pair of Telefunkens!!

Thanks all

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    No good to me. I'm definitely in the bargain section

Hmm
    Trying not to be too cynical here but I am keen for a bargain Ferrari. Trouble is, if I can afford it what will I be buying? Using a working valve tester the chance of getting a matched pair of Telefunken valves for cheap is essentially zero, it is of course better if you are willing to act on faith and possibly a little better if you want late production short plate Mullards.
    If money is short I suggest JJ new tubes or a lottery of used 1990s Chinese tubes available for pennies and surprisingly robust.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

EDIT: you are sorted, hope I'm wrong

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    Hmm
    Trying not to be too cynical here but I am keen for a bargain Ferrari. Trouble is, if I can afford it what will I be buying? Using a working valve tester the chance of getting a matched pair of Telefunken valves for cheap is essentially zero, it is of course better if you are willing to act on faith and possibly a little better if you want late production short plate Mullards.
    If money is short I suggest JJ new tubes or a lottery of used 1990s Chinese tubes available for pennies and surprisingly robust.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Hi James,

I get what you are saying but let's be clear here, i meant matched as in the same type previously bought as a pair I realise now matched means how they measure a bit of naivety as I'm new to Valves

To me a bargain doesn't mean scraping the barrel, it means getting the best value available. To me it means paying what I'm prepared to for an item rather than the "going rate"

Look at my Tenuto thread, I wanted one, so I found the most budget friendly way of doing it. I want high quality but for reasonable money.

I'm Edward.

Oliver, am interested in your experiences of the change you detect once you get your Telefunkens. I guess it is for your Jolida?

In my Radford I have ECF82s (Mullards) and so far I have not tried anything different.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Oliver, am interested in your experiences of the change you detect once you get your Telefunkens. I guess it is for your Jolida?

In my Radford I have ECF82s (Mullards) and so far I have not tried anything different.
    All the valves in my Radford STA15 are Blackburn Road Mullards.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast