+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A&R Cambridge A60 and T21 tuner

I'm Matthew.

Default A&R Cambridge A60 and T21 tuner

Hi,

Following the purchase of a new amp for the study (Arcam A19 from Mr. Radish here at AoS) I now have my previous amp and tuner up for sale: A&R A60 and T21 - which, in fairness, probably don't need too much of an introduction in terms of spec or history.

Both are in very good condition - both cosmetically and electronically. However, it's probably best to assume that neither have ever been serviced, so now is probably a good as time as any. That said, I've used them in a very modest - and low-level listening - study system for the last six years with no problem. There is - in my experience - a tiny bit of crackling from some of the controls upon start-up and if I could find my Servisol spray, I'd give them a quick blast. So not perfect.

A late serial number A60 - 28205, with an attenuated CD input. All inputs DIN, apart from 'disc' (phono) on RCA phono input. For those expecting fully matched - well, the photos are worth a look. It's close, but the wood finish is slightly different on both. Likewise, the lettering on the T21 is white, whereas on the A60 it's yellow.

At the moment, it's collection only, as I'm completely out of suitable boxes. (My A19 came in a box, but I'm hanging onto it). I reside in a little-known (and flat) area of the UK called Lincolnshire, LN4 to be more precise.

I'm away next week: Wed 8th-Fri 10th and shall be out of electronic ear-shot for that duration, but prior to and after, business as normal.

I owe the account £125, so that's the figure I'm aiming at for the pair at this stage. Paypal friends and family, please.
    Any questions, please just ask.

Kind regards,
    Matt

IMG_2214.jpgIMG_2213.jpgIMG_2212.jpgIMG_2215.jpgIMG_2217.jpg
    Living Room System:
    Audiolab 6000CDT as transport into: Chord Mojo DAC. Audiolab 6000N Play Streamer (Amazon Music HD via DTS Play-Fi). Arcam C30 Pre-Amp, 2 x Arcam P25 Power Amps. Quad 22L speakers.
    Dining Room System:
    Arcam rPlay (Amazon Music HD via DTS Play-Fi) and Technics SL-10 into Arcam A19 Amp, Monitor Audio Silver 1 speakers

I'm Dan.

Hi Matt

Hope you are well ?

Are you in bournemouth any time soon? i Maybe able to buy these the A60 has been on my list for a while just buying the stuff i really want to try...

Let me know
    Thanks
    Daniel
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Matthew.

Hi Dan,
    Good to hear from you, mate. All well up here, thanks. And you?

No plans to travel down south, I'm afraid - at least not until spring next year! Hoping I might sell it before then, though!

You've got good taste, though - an A60 should be on everyone's list! It was fun doing an A/B comparison with the A19 (I think 'What Hi-Fi' magazine have also done the same) and its wasn't night and day between the two amps at all; the A60 held up very well, considering its age.

That said, I'm becoming a lazy old bugger and remote control is becoming more and more of a necessity!

The A60s come up pretty often, down to - I suspect- how well-made they are; pretty certain you should find a Dorset-based one soon enough.

All the best,
    Matt
    Living Room System:
    Audiolab 6000CDT as transport into: Chord Mojo DAC. Audiolab 6000N Play Streamer (Amazon Music HD via DTS Play-Fi). Arcam C30 Pre-Amp, 2 x Arcam P25 Power Amps. Quad 22L speakers.
    Dining Room System:
    Arcam rPlay (Amazon Music HD via DTS Play-Fi) and Technics SL-10 into Arcam A19 Amp, Monitor Audio Silver 1 speakers

I'm Matthew.

Now on the evil bidding site (at a higher B-I-N price than here on AoS) type-of bump.
    Living Room System:
    Dining Room System:

I'm Matthew.

Bumpety-bump
    Living Room System:
    Dining Room System:

I'm Jerry.

Are either of these still available?

+ Reply to Thread