+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This crazy world of witch hunts...

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    True I am not a parent so maybe some patronising of me is necessary . But my dad belted me and my brothers, when it was warranted and sometimes when it wasn't. We did not fear or hate him but we did love and respect him. These things are never that clear-cut.
    Agreed but kids need protecting from potentially bully adults. I think we would all agree to that.

Thinking back to my childhood...
    I was giving my mum a load of mouth (relatively speaking) back in the 70's, she was taking a loaf of frozen bread form the freezer...she snapped, she didn't even think about it, she spun round and belted me across the nut with it.
    Looking back it was very funny, she'd probably have the social workers on her now for that.
    My ol' man never hit me, not once, he just had to do THE LOOK...it was enough, it shit the life out of me. job done!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

IIRC violence was every where back then. You'd get hit at school, hit at home, even strangers were not averse to giving lippy children 'a clue round the ear' as my granddad called it. Children were tough nuts and even those who were not (like me) had to be that way or you would just become a target. Children today, speaking from my general observations, seem more relaxed and less violent so that is a good thing I suppose.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    It is also true that some folk are overly touchy(pun intended) about being touched, whereas most dont mind too much as long as its not the goodies.
    i dont mind being touched by the goodies,how ever i draw the line with the giant cat up the post office tower!!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    i dont mind being touched by the goodies,how ever i draw the line with the giant cat up the post office tower!!
    That did cross the line I agree. But it was 'The Seventies'. Buckaroo!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adrian.

I just listened to any questions - I didn't know wolf whistling was a criminal offence and sexual harassment. Does this mean that saying someone looks nice is also forbidden, which in effect is what a wolf whistle means? I know a few women whose day is made if someone says that or whistles at them. Thank God I'm gay and closer to the grave than the crib!
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Geoff.

I won't get in trouble, I can't whistle.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

If only I could get a wolf whistle these days...

On a serious note when I did get wolf whistles I can assure you it didn't "make my day".. just felt rather embarrassed to be honest
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    If only I could get a wolf whistle these days...

On a serious note when I did get wolf whistles I can assure you it didn't "make my day".. just felt rather embarrassed to be honest
    I think that makes the point - everyone is different. That then begs the question - where do we set the limits, to favour who?
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm jamie.

hmm tough one,lets ask Bernard Manning
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I think that makes the point - everyone is different. That then begs the question - where do we set the limits, to favour who?
    Well I guess if something could be taken offensively then one shouldn't do it.. just a thought
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast