+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 483 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Grant.

Boom

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

I have just returned from my holidays, hence the lack of contribution to this thread.
    Over the holidays I have been considering upgrading the grinder to a Caedo E37s, as it has nice big burrs.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Thought you just bought a grinder Kevin?
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

I had. It was a relatively cheap grinder with 64mm burrs. I am looking at going to 83mm burrs and a quieter grinder.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

ah, ok.. glad i hadn't imagined it. Its an all singing and dancing one i see with a price to match
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

It won’t be cheap, but you only live once.
    I am torn between two at the moment.
    A 75mm burr Nouva Simonelli Mythos basic as this has really small retention.
    A 83mm burr Ceado E37s.

The Mythos will be second hand, so not too expensive (comparatively speaking) and the Ceado is expensive at roughly €1400.

Failing that, I am going to forget the whole thing and make do with what I have.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

Looks like a Mythos is favourite.
    Anybody want to buy a Mazzer Mini Electronic Model A that has done less than 500 shots?
    Kevin

I'm Justin.

This drink is mandatory. Was drinking these in Tenerife over Christmas and the shot (see what I did there?) below was from a cocktail bar at the hotel.

Espresso Martini. Combine 50ml Kahlua, 50ml Vodka, a 50ml espresso shot and about 10 small ice cubes with a hand blender until the ice disappears. Pour it into a Martini glass.

Genius drink. It tastes fantastic.

Considering Kahlua tastes like puke by itself how this manages to be so good amazes me.

Oh - float 3 coffee beans in the head. These should be eaten with the drink. So use good beans!

I'm Grant.

oddly i dont like coffee flavoured cold drinks, or sweets
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    oddly i dont like coffee flavoured cold drinks, or sweets
    Nor do I. Apart from that one.

For anyone wondering the hand blender gives you the head. A shaker doesn't work as well IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread