+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 483 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I am surprised at the speed/power when frothing milk for a latte. It is incredible!
    My previous machine had an "auto frothing" wand, so this really has been a learning curve.
    your old one was pretty good machine as well.

yes its a different ballgame with a pro machine but great once you get the touch..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

The old machine served me well. I can't complain as I never had a bad word said about the coffee I served from it.
    The new machine is just a beast though.

One thing I have noticed is that coffee intake has at least tripled! I have got through 500g of coffee in 4 days.
    Even with dialling the grinder in, that is a lot of coffee.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I have got through 500g of coffee in 4 days.
    Holy smokes that's a lot

I use 18g per cup and limit myself to two per day, sometimes just one. Going on that amount that would be around 6/7 coffee's a day. You must be wired?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Grant.

The old machine served me well. I can't complain as I never had a bad word said about the coffee I served from it.
    The new machine is just a beast though.

One thing I have noticed is that coffee intake has at least tripled! I have got through 500g of coffee in 4 days.
    Even with dialling the grinder in, that is a lot of coffee.
    thhats a lot of coffee. You will be high Yup I am needing a new one myself as this one is nearing its end but hope to screw a few more pints first. If I give up vinyl I might get a new one.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Don't intend to Kev. But like I said, for a tenner, it's got to be tried! Full 'reportage' on all the Lidl bits later

Marco.
    Have you had a chance to play yet?

My coffee journey so far:

I used a French Press and ground coffee.
    I than moved to a Bialetti Moka coffee maker.

My first espresso coffee machine was a Delonghi Bar 15, which set me back about £20 as it was a refurbished model.
    It looked like this:

I partnered that with a blade grinder. It was ok, but then I upgraded to an Isomac Granmacinino with conical burr grinders. Much better tasting coffee.
    That has done me proud for well over 10 years and is still going strong. (I will be advertising the grinder and coffee machine locally to fund more coffee purchases!)

Than as posted before, Mrs H bought me a Magimix L'Expresso automatique. I kept the Isomac grinder.
    Then my recent purchases showed me just how much the previous machines had made me think making coffee was easy.
    It is not difficult to make coffee with the new set up, but it is like a high quality stereo - it shown up the imperfections, but when you get everything right, the results are stunning.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Justin.

Here's a bad tip.

Drink about 4 pints of beer or a bottle of wine.

Then start making a series of seriously strong espressos. Do about 3. The resulting 'high' is interesting. It is like the alcohol sensitises you to the effect of the caffeine.

Almost undoubtedly not good for you. But fun nonetheless.

I'm Grant.

Default The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

Pretty much Buckfast. It's alcohol and caffeine. My mate is addicted. He is up all night and active too. It's s local drink where he comes from
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Wow never heard of it just looked it up. A 750ml green bottle contains the same amount of caffeine as 6 coffees.

That stuff isn't messing around.

I'm Grant.

Tastes ghastly IMO but lots seem to like it. The monks have a lot to answer to lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

My thoughts are quality wine followed by quality coffee will be a lot nicer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 483 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast