+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 483 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coffeehouse.... Baristi, Barista, Bariste

I'm Grant.

worth thinking about as manual making has a lot of potential pitfalls. it can be time consuming too and for a time, hit n miss too. A good bean to cup will let you get pretty consistent results without the work, if thats important to you. Personally I like the making of it as much as the drinking, but as I get older I sometimes think a bean to cup would be good, but being on my own it wouldnt be the right choice.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

Guys, if you're looking at full-auto units, I can recommend the Jura machines from Switzerland. Very well made, reliable, easy to program and use, simple to fix (modular parts), and they make great coffee. We had a lower-end Ena model in our house for a year, on loan from the in-laws, and I must say the espresso that came out of it was really very good. Not quite up to the standard that the Giotto can put out, but still very respectable and better than most coffee houses.

A couple of buying tips: make sure you get one that allows grind fineness adjustment (most do, I think) and basic programming of coffee strength. This can really make the difference between a watery shot and something actually drinkable. The Jura Ena, even for a simple machine, allows one to drill down into the setup programming and tweak the water volume, temp, etc. per shot. Then selecting "Strong" from the user control panel gives a very respectable shot.

If you must have steaming power, then the lower end machines may not be up to the job. This was where the Ena fell flat. Flimsy steam nozzles (even the upgraded ones) that would fly off in the middle of a job, spraying milk everywhere....not impressive. And the auto-steaming beaker-and-hose contraption barely made the milk lukewarm. Jura's higher end units have double boilers and more robust nozzles, but now you're getting into bigger money. Cheaper machines will not have boilers at all, only those flow-through heater thingys (can't recall the name...thermoblock?), that just can't crank out the steam volume. Not sure what Miele, Melitta or others can do here, but it's something to look out for.

Hope this helps....

Cheers,
    Svend

I'm Grant.

Latest brew

Very fruity
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I had coffee earlier. Don't often. All I can tell you about it is that it came from a jar and was brown. Tasted OK though!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

having a Tanzanian Mount Meru today.. my first but wont be the last... its very nice if you get the chance.. tiny little beans too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Julian.

£40 for a cup of coffee?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/busines...-that-ll-be-60

An interesting little report this ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Grant.

Tried my latest coffee, Cameroon hosnia. Very nice as well as the other yesterday. Pleased with both.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    £40 for a cup of coffee?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/busines...-that-ll-be-60

An interesting little report this ...
    not in this world
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    Half a cup of milk microwaved + two Nespresso capsules + half a spoon of instant to garnish + a bit of sugar.
    My mid morning treat, better than Costa and (slightly) cheaper. Philistine, or what?
    Haha most definitely.

It's a drink, I'm not sure I'd call that coffee though
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Grant.

Got 2 more coffee's coming soon. Sidamo Sasaba from the Guji region of Ethiopia, and Cafetalera Fernandez from Panama.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread