+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Old Jazz Album Covers

I'm Geoff.

Default WTD: Old Jazz Album Covers

Hi,

I've been asked to help with a school health project. Does anybody have any old jazz or easy listening album covers. Perhaps the vinyl got damaged or lost?

Able to pay for postage costs.

Thanks if you can help.

Geoff

I'm Paul.

Might be easier to print the covers, assuming you have a laser printer at work ??
    A3 would be perfect.
    Failing that, save a load of cover images you like on a USB stick and go to the local printshop and get them to do it on A3 - cheaper than you think.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Geoff.

I believe that the educational authorities frown on copyright infringement!

Geoff

I'm Paul.

You just summed up everything that's wrong with the western world .. FFS, it's for a school project.

I know what you mean though - I had nearly a decade working in university student unions so the depths of my PC and H&S at work knowledge know no bounds
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    You just summed up everything that's wrong with the western world .. FFS, it's for a school project.

I know what you mean though - I had nearly a decade working in university student unions so the depths of my PC and H&S at work knowledge know no bounds
    It's interesting coming back to the UK after living in other countries where it is impossible to avoid copyright infringement. For example, in Dhaka in Bangladesh, it was impossible to buy a legal CD or DVD as legitimate retailers could not compete with the $1 going rate for pirated DVDs and even lower prices for CDs. Competition, was even more acute because the pirated DVDs would typically have more than one movie on them, so the latest James Bond movie, would typically have a few other Bond titles as well. On music DVDs the combinations could be somewhat bizarre (e.g. Tom Jones, Black Sabbath, and Enya on a single DVD). In the three and a half years I lived there I only managed to buy two authentic CDs and these were compositions by expats on sale in the local international clubs.

I think that it is important that artists get paid for their work and thankfully, the cost of CDs has fallen significantly in real terms since they were launched 30 odd years ago. I do wonder though how much artists get from CD sales now as compared with then and what share the record companies take. I seldom pay more than £10 for a new CD and will listen a few times on Spotify first to make sure I really like a CD before buying it. However, I do think that there should be a limit on copyright protection and 50 years seems fine to me for music. I think artwork enjoys longer copyright protection though.

Geoff

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I believe that the educational authorities frown on copyright infringement!

Geoff
    Very grey area copyright on this sort of original being reproduced. There is a cut off point where the licence runs out (something like 50 years)
    Anyway I doubt it would be a problem at all on a project like this.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Very grey area copyright on this sort of original being reproduced. There is a cut off point where the licence runs out (something like 50 years)
    Anyway I doubt it would be a problem at all on a project like this.
    =======================

Recent legislation has actually increased the copyright protection period from 50 years to 70 years! Bloody Cliff Richard!

I'm Adam.

=======================

Recent legislation has actually increased the copyright protection period from 50 years to 70 years! Bloody Cliff Richard!
    Bastard!!

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Bastard!!
    Surely you meant batchelor!

I'm Adam.

Surely you meant batchelor!
    Bastard batchelor!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast