+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD: Pioneer DV717 or similar cheap CD transport

I'm Lawrence.

Default WTD: Pioneer DV717 or similar cheap CD transport

As in the title, any ideas considered. Local collection preferred (London & a bit north of, or occasionally Durham).

I'm Grant.

good transports these. Ive got 2 somewhere. used to use a lot. the 737 is very similar
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Hasn't Bev of this parish got one of these that's probably not in use?

I'm Lawrence.

I've had a PM, just to be clear from looking at ebay sold prices I'm thinking about £20, or £30 mint with box and remote. (Well I'll need a remote regardless.)

I'm Rob.

There is this one on ebay that you might have seen. I have two of these, one the PS died and being a switch mode I can't be arsed to try to get it fixed and you can't get them anywhere. The one that works is a bit sniffy about some CDs and does what this ebay one does and spins up and then ejects the disc. It is often CDR's that it does this with. I find that if you leave it on standby all the time it only does it rarely. The one thing that you don't often get is the remote control with them, and these are hard to source on their own.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-D...QAAOSwRUhY-jCM
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks yes I saw that but it's broken, I've seen ones in excellent condition go for £10-£20 plus postage which is the main attraction to me of trying this unit.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

I have one of these, it doesn't work 100%. They look good from a distance but up close they are pretty nasty, plastic-fantastic things. I'd look for something else if I were you.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Oh I thought they were universally regarded as pretty hefty and chunky, and made great transports, is this a myth?

Also, didn't know it was a switch mode PS inside, can't have been that great as a CDP as all the reviews (well hifiworld et al) said.

I'm Martin.

No, they are a budget model and sound a bit 'processed' if used as a CD player, although it isn't the first Legato Link job I've thought that about.

Some do say they make good transports but I think this is purely subjective, there is nothing technically 'special' about them, and the actual transport mech itself is nothing to write home about. But...transports do sound different and it isn't always easy to pinpoint why. If you like it, then you like it.

However if you want something with good build quality, the 717 definitely isn't it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

wouldnt call them budget, or plasticy, but each to their own. The black ones look the best. Remotes are good and interchangable with the fancier 737.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast