+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Why do we do it!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I sold the Harbeths before I moved to China. I do plan to get some more one day (maybe) as the midrange suits female voices so well and that's a lot of what I listen to.
    I find female vocals stunning through my Tannoys. The lucidity is really striking.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Not sure if that's me Macca re speakers, but I'm using Monitor Audio Bronze 2's at the moment and they are hitting the spot. I sold the Harbeths before I moved to China. I do plan to get some more one day (maybe) as the midrange suits female voices so well and that's a lot of what I listen to. I do dispute that I'm into Hi-Fi though, I enjoy it because of what it does, but I'm not into it - I personally think there's a difference.

I know you'll do what you are going to do, but the biggest musical regret I have is selling a large proportion of my records in the 80s. Lots of memories attached to a lot of those, especially Eagles 'On the Border' and that's all I'm saying
    Did not realise you sold the Harbeths. Anyway they still count

But I know what you mean. Plenty of people with performance cars that are not actually into cars and have never watched an episode of Wheeler Dealers. They'd still grumble if you swapped it out on them for a Vauxhall Corsa though.

I will not sell all my records, there are a few I could not part with for 'sentimental' reasons, similar to yours I suspect.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

Martin, before you pull the plug on vinyl I'd like to lend you my OTP Mk2 phono stage.

See how you get on with it and decide afterwards. (It's cheaper than the valve firebottle stage )

I'm Martin.

Thanks Alan, I will be happy to try it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112