+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Devialet - so lock me up.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    All in ones do appeal. To me at any rate. Just as an interesting concept.
    Opinions seem to vary, as ever, on the Devialet sound quality - some loving it, others finding it tonally grey.
    I've never heard one, so I've no opinion.

I've a little Wadia box that accepts digital input and then outputs direct to the speakers. It sounds great and does everything I want.

I've got several other options for making up a system, though, and I'd really hate to give up the box swapping fun.
    There's always more to explore.
    But if multiple boxes have become a chore, then why not go for a one box solution that you enjoy the sound of?!
    Still no users except me and Southall's dad.

I also have an all-in-one second system, the Audiolab M-One, not dissimilar to your Wadia, slightly more powerful, a better specified DAC and a little cheaper. It's in the office and often use it with headphones. A lovely little box.
    Wilson, Luxman, Innuos, Holo May, Puritan, Garrard

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    I also have an all-in-one second system, the Audiolab M-One, not dissimilar to your Wadia, slightly more powerful, a better specified DAC and a little cheaper. It's in the office and often use it with headphones. A lovely little box.
    Interesting - I'd not heard of the Audiolab M-One.
    Not quite the same concept as the Wadia 151, the Wadia being a "Power DAC" the M-One simply has a DAC and a conventional analog amp in the same box.
    The power DACs have no analog circuitry, they are all digital.

I'm Andy.

Devialet products wouldn't do anything for me. I like the kit too much as well as the ritual. It would be like the day they bought Mrs Doyle from Father Ted a "Teas-maid". Each to their own though

I'm Dave.

I think that buying any all-in-one system is a bit like buying a TV. Once you have it, there is nothing to talk about, so nothing gets posted on forums. That is unless Devialet have their own forum ?

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I think that buying any all-in-one system is a bit like buying a TV. Once you have it, there is nothing to talk about, so nothing gets posted on forums. That is unless Devialet have their own forum ?
    There is and it seems to be full of computer geeks having a moan and obsessing about Roon (which counts me out).

You are probably the last person in the world to start a chat about streaming, but the Devialet Expert steaming board does little more than single band wifi and ethernet. There was a major hardware upgrade launched in September 2016 and upgraders were offered a new streaming card for free when ready, to which I am entitled. It was promised mid 2017. Is actually being launched at Oxford Audio in a few weeks. Otherwise it's a £1,300 upgrade.

As I have the patience of a saint I take the view it will arrive in due course, but Devialet obsessives have got very worked up about delay and specifications. It turns out the specification is going to be very good with further streaming platforms to be added as software updates in the next few months.

Talking less about audio might be a good thing, you could talk about other things, like music, dance or the weather.

p.s. Hope you're keeping well. The 40th LE are stunning, especially now they are SAM profiled with a sub for extra grunt when needed.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Devialet products wouldn't do anything for me. I like the kit too much as well as the ritual. It would be like the day they bought Mrs Doyle from Father Ted a "Teas-maid". Each to their own though
    I can still sit and watch my tonearm go up and down. My toy of choice is the Expresso machine.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    I can still sit and watch my tonearm go up and down. My toy of choice is the Expresso machine.
    Better buy some flat records next
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12