+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS:- Various Cables

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Should have Paypall message shortly ...

OFF topic
    You use the ZYX cart Impressions ?
    It's possible the best cart all round imo. Koetsu level bass and Downward dynamic range. Sweet midrange and silky treble. What sets the cart apart from the rest is the dynamic delivery. It slams, gets your foot tapping and it's more than capable giving you goosebumps. I considered selling mine recently but a change of valves put that idea to bed. Other carts like the AT33PTGII are more detailed and have a slightly bigger soundstage but overall they can't excite me like the ZYX does.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

You use the ZYX cart Impressions ?
    I've fairly recently acquired a Z-100 and with a good phono stage it is stunning.
    As Oliver says the drive and boogie factor are superb. It has a very extended response and detail retrieval is excellent. I won't be looking for better.

If you have heard a Denon DL-103 then the Z-100 is the 103 on steroids, in every good way.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I've fairly recently acquired a Z-100 and with a good phono stage it is stunning.
    As Oliver says the drive and boogie factor are superb. It has a very extended response and detail retrieval is excellent. I won't be looking for better.

If you have heard a Denon DL-103 then the Z-100 is the 103 on steroids, in every good way.

Yep, it's a very accomplished cartridge and very difficult to upgrade when you own one !!

I'm Geoff.

Don't forget the notable lack of colouration and the transparency and huge soundstage. Just thought I'd mention it!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Don't forget the notable lack of colouration and the transparency and huge soundstage. Just thought I'd mention it!
    Haha, spot on Geoff.

I'm Sandro.

Tanks for help and sorry for off topic post
    ZYX is going to replace my elite on avid volvere and SME V
    I got a few phono stages current one is the Paradise

IMO Elite is not bad but I need to get way up to get the best from the rest of the chain was thinking about one of the cheaper Lyras but I keep getting very good comments about the ZYX

Tanks

Bigman80 Guest

Tanks for help and sorry for off topic post
    ZYX is going to replace my elite on avid volvere and SME V
    I got a few phono stages current one is the Paradise

IMO Elite is not bad but I need to get way up to get the best from the rest of the chain was thinking about one of the cheaper Lyras but I keep getting very good comments about the ZYX

Tanks
    No worries, never heard a bad word about the ZYX. Getting rare second hand too.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

I have a Yatra , very well balanced and musical , compared to my previous Kontrapunkt B it's night and day in terms of detail , soundstage and presentation. I managed to get a good price on it when the new range came in so they are out here if you look about but I've not seen anything bad written about any ZYX.

I'm Geoff.

There's a nice ZYX R50 Bloom for sale on ebay at the moment. I wonder who could be flogging that?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There's a nice ZYX R50 Bloom for sale on ebay at the moment. I wonder who could be flogging that?
    Oooops lol, forgot to take that off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast