+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Just ordered the 1200G!

I'm Andrew.

It's doesnt seem to fouling anything at all. The store has said they will order me another one.

It's not scratchy or metallic sound , just a very quiet wooshing noise?
    Last edited by allthingsanalogue; 10-11-2017 at 10:38.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    MORE WOES!!!!

The platter as it revolves is making a brushing noise, like a dry paintbrush on paper noise with every rotation

Spoke to Technics support, appatentky it shouldn't do that. They said ask for a new one.

Interetingly, the pitch fader lnob was loose in the bag so somehow came off in transit.
    Hmm maybe it took an awkward drop on the way.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Paul.

Would love to but my Yamaha amp arrived but it's buggered,
    MORE WOES!!!!

The platter as it revolves is making a brushing noise, like a dry paintbrush on paper noise with every rotation
    The path to audio nirvana is never easy but you've been more than a little unfortunate. It's tough to take but you'll get there in the end and all this hassle will be a distant memory.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Hmm maybe it took an awkward drop on the way.
    When i opened it, the pitch fader knob was missing, upon further investigation it wad underneath the deck in the bag.

Just to mention, it was with beyond doubt brand new as everything was perfect, even with only one piece of packing tape on both sides of the box.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    The path to audio nirvana is never easy but you've been more than a little unfortunate. It's tough to take but you'll get there in the end and all this hassle will be a distant memory.

My System:

I'm Andrew.

I'm sure that brushing noise would get picked up by the cartridge.

I once had an issue with my LINN in that the belt was slighlty rubbing against the belt guide and you could actaully hear it through the speakers.

Luckily Steve at Technics told me to get a new one!!

My System:

I'm Andrew.

Amplifier lid temp.

23.4mv at speaker outputs, seems high

Last edited by allthingsanalogue; 10-11-2017 at 15:11.

My System:

I'm Martin.

Who did you buy the amp from, Andrew? Was it a dealer, Yamaha directly or what?

I can't see that there is any excuse for sending out a supposedly brand-new product in that state. And there is no way the top plate should be reaching 47 C
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Who did you buy the amp from, Andrew? Was it a dealer, Yamaha directly or what?

I can't see that there is any excuse for sending out a supposedly brand-new product in that state. And there is no way the top plate should be reaching 47 C
    Heatsinks are 68 degrees celsius

Even the front panel is about 42 degrees!

It still sounds fantastic though so it's still very encouraging.

I'm awaiting the new one, Yamaha have no stock so it's coming directly from Malayasia so about 2 weeks away but it will be brand spanking new!

New tt here on wednesday, hopefully brushing noise not included! it must have taken quite a knock to pop of the pitch fader knob as it is stiff to push back on even!

The amp is beautiful though

Last edited by allthingsanalogue; 12-11-2017 at 06:25.

My System:

I'm Martin.

Heatsinks are 68 degrees celsius

It still sounds fantastic though so it's still very encouraging.

It was a proper dealer and they are actually a Naim Statement dealer but would rather not say whilst the situation is ongoing.

I'm awaiting the new one, Yamaha have no stock so it's coming directky from Malayasia so about 2 weeks away but it will be brand spanking new!

New tt here on wednesday, hipefully brushing noise not included! it must have taken quite a knock to pop of the pitch fader knob as it is stiff to push back on even!
    So someone at the dealers has re-boxed it and shipped it out to you as new, presumably hoping that you would not notice, or not care. Now you have to wait 2 weeks for a replacement. I'd want £500 off as a minimum or I would be naiming and shaiming (ho-ho). In fact I'd start at demanding a grand off and then bargain down.

At least the Technics is 100%. Looks fabulous too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast