+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Just ordered the 1200G!

I'm Andrew.

No, the Technics is faulty. I spoke to Technics Uk as the motor is making a brushing sound as it rotates, like a dry brush on paper. They told me to get it replaced as it's faulty.

New one here on Wedneday. That was brand new though, you could just tell. The box only had one piece of tape on each end and it was packed professonally, i think it must have been dropped.

The amp was sent from Yamaha to the dealers on the 3rd November by the shipping label and the label was stuck over the packing , also dated only a day after I'd ordered it so it must have been Yamahas fault.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Martin.

I thought it was just the aftermarket mat that was the problem?

Oh well, these things are sent to try us. But you do want to get a hefty discount off the dealer for taking the piss with that Yamaha. Don't worry, they can afford it. Even if you don't need the money it might teach them a lesson.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I thought it was just the aftermarket mat that was the problem?

Oh well, these things are sent to try us. But you do want to get a hefty discount off the dealer for taking the piss with that Yamaha. Don't worry, they can afford it. Even if you don't need the money it might teach them a lesson.

Yeah, the motor on my SL1200G is noisy, I spoke to a friend on pinkfish who has one and his is totally silent.

It makes the noise even without the mat. Even if you spin it by hand with no power applied.
    Last edited by allthingsanalogue; 10-11-2017 at 22:10.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Andrew.

Update, new deck here Wednesday!

I wonder what could make a noise from this motor? Could a coil have come loose or there mist be a foreign body stuck in there, I mean there can only be a few reasons for a brushing noise with every rotation?

Last edited by allthingsanalogue; 11-11-2017 at 17:14.

My System:

I'm Andrew.

Some progress, need to recheck alignment but getting there. I want to hear the thing, have to wait until Wednesday.

My System:

I'm Mick.

Looking good

I fancy one of these turntables but must save my money for other things first. Will be interesting following the posts how these turn out long term though.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Andrew.

Now we're cookin!

Still needed the 2.7mm spacer though.

I've bought a Tiger Paw Vulcan wallshelf for the Linn so will be putting this on Pro-ject wall shelf at the weekend.

Will do a proper listening at the weekend but sounding good so far.

Last edited by allthingsanalogue; 15-11-2017 at 20:30.

My System:

I'm Martin.

You've got polar opposites there with the Technics and the Linn. Although I notice you have tricked the Linn up a bit. Polar opposite in looks too. I prefer the industrial look of the Technics to the wooden plinthed decks myself.

The only thing that puts me off the look of the new one is the blue LEDS. Hi Fi LEDs, or hi-fi lights in general can be red, green, yellow or orange but never blue. I don't know who started the blue thing but they best hope I don't find out.

I mean that strobe would be so much better in orange. Maybe it is just me.

Anyway look forward to your thoughts on the sound, Andrew.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Looks really nice.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You've got polar opposites there with the Technics and the Linn. Although I notice you have tricked the Linn up a bit. Polar opposite in looks too. I prefer the industrial look of the Technics to the wooden plinthed decks myself.

The only thing that puts me off the look of the new one is the blue LEDS. Hi Fi LEDs, or hi-fi lights in general can be red, green, yellow or orange but never blue. I don't know who started the blue thing but they best hope I don't find out.

I mean that strobe would be so much better in orange. Maybe it is just me.

Anyway look forward to your thoughts on the sound, Andrew.
    Really ? no probs with the blue at all, find it pretty inoffensive / discrete. Orange though in my view can be a bit yuck but hey ho, we all like different things I guess
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast