+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Just ordered the 1200G!

I'm Andrew.

Someones got a new toy! It's gorgeous, 18kg of lovliness!

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm James.

Congratulations Andrew,exciting times! Looks magnificent.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Russell.

Very fine looking ‘table! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Getting there

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one... Now pop a cartridge on it and get it listened to! We all want to know how it compares with your Linn

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice one... Now pop a cartridge on it and get it listened to! We all want to know how it compares with your Linn

Marco.
    Would love to but my Yamaha amp arrived but it's buggered, getting hotter than a radiator and all the screw heads are knackered. Yamaha sent me a refurb rather than a new unit!!!!!!!! The top of the amp was 48oC after and hour. Heatsinks were 65oC

Turns out that Yamaha UK have no stock so it now wont be here until about the 22nd November.

I'll post a coupe of photos but one of the screws was hanging out.

Not what you expect after spending £4000, although it is the best sounding amp I've ever heard.

My System:

I'm Andrew.

Photos of amp. very annoying.

Not new.

Last edited by allthingsanalogue; 10-11-2017 at 13:16.

My System:

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Marco.
    Will be fitting this but still waiting on my Jelco headshell!

My System:

I'm Paul.

I’ve always like the Technics 1200 series TTs, but have never been able to move away from my Garrard. The 1200G is stunning. What do you think of the stock tonearm? I’ve often wondered if it actually not a bad arm but just needs a bit of fine tuning like setting the bearings and even a thin sliver of foam pushed down the arm can do wonders for a tonearm.
    ~Paul~

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    Will be fitting this but still waiting on my Jelco headshell!

No worries, but what's wrong with the supplied Technics headshell. It'll be perfectly good for that cartridge, as it doesn't need any added mass. What made you go for a Jelco headshell, which TBH, isn't really much of an upgrade?

There are much better options around, Andrew, if you truly want to upgrade your headshell. Sorry to hear about your amp. That's pretty disgraceful from Yamaha, when you're spending that kind of money!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast