+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Just ordered the 1200G!

I'm Andrew.

M
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I think it's fair to consider that there will be a few teething problems with any "new" product, which this essentially is. It's just unfortunate that the OP has had two in a row that aren't up to spec. It's not unheard of! It could become beneficial if the reputation is damaged. Prices will be lowered for a short time to regain customer trust and that's a point that many people can purchase a new TT for a reduction in price.

Stay the course and keep going. Just keep in mind it isn't the dealers fault. As long as you maintain a good relationship with them, they should reciprocate.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I've told them twice that I certainly don't want them to think I'm blaming them.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I think it's fair to consider that there will be a few teething problems with any "new" product, which this essentially is...
    Yet there are also units around functioning perfectly, as evidenced by those owned by Hugo, Patrick Kelly and 'early', which indicates that said "teething problems" aren't universal, and so for me points the finger of blame firmly at quality control, which seems abysmal, given that a faulty batch (containing two units we know of at least) has been allowed to slip through the system.

This was unheard of 'back in the day', with the old SL-1200. In the early 90s, I worked for a hi-fi dealership in Glasgow, and we sold many 100s of SL-1200s and 1210s, and not ONE of them came back, that's not to even consider the many thousands of them purchased by studios and DJs worldwide, who bought them primarily because of their renowned reliability.

The reality now is that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these new motor units should be tried and tested, and passed as ok, *before* it gets near a box and shipped to customers, and had that been the case, Andrew wouldn't have had his unfortunate experience. We must remember that this is a £3000 turntable, so certain standards are to be expected, and which currently simply aren't being delivered!

And Andrew, as others have said, worry not about what the shop thinks. YOU are the customer who's shelled out his cash, and therefore the most important person in all of this, so worry fuck all about whom you're 'upsetting', and DEMAND that you get things sorted out to your satisfaction - and tout suite.

They're bloody lucky that it wasn't me that this happened to, as heads would've rolled........!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

Thanks Marco.

Update........

It turns out the shop dem unit is also making a noise so they're goimg to speak to Technics on Monday to get theie one replaced.

I still want the deck as I can't play my 100+ 78's on the Linn so am giving it one more go, 3rd time lucky? They are going to possibly get Technics to send me one direct or get them to check the one they send out to make sure it's perfect.

My 'new' amp is also in stock and will be with me on Wednesday.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    They are going to possibly get Technics to send me one direct or get them to check the one they send out to make sure it's perfect.

My 'new' amp is also in stock and will be with me on Wednesday.
    Hopefully, some good news at last! It's all sent to try us. You know the problems I had with two Rega RP10s and an Isis.

Thanks, Andrew. So that's another faulty one, this time the shop's demo unit - it gets worse! This simply isn't good enough from Technics. Was it Loud & Clear in Edinburgh you bought it from?

If so, I know the boss, Allan Boyd, and also knew his dad, before he sadly passed away. So might call him on Monday and have a word on your behalf, if you like? And we'll see what can be done, in terms you being properly compensated for your inconvenience...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

No it wasn't Loud n Clear in Edinburgh.

My System:

I thought you mentioned them for something - was it the Yamaha amp you got from them then?

Also, who did you buy the Technics from?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I thought you mentioned them for something - was it the Yamaha amp you got from them then?

Also, who did you buy the Technics from?

Marco.
    Pm sent.

My System:

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by GML View Post
    Hopefully, some good news at last! It's all sent to try us. You know the problems I had with two Rega RP10s and an Isis.
    I remember it well.

This is impressive though, about 1:24 to come to complete stop from 78 without electronic braking.

Last edited by allthingsanalogue; 18-11-2017 at 22:12.

My System:

I'm Andrew.

I think it's fair to consider that there will be a few teething problems with any "new" product, which this essentially is. It's just unfortunate that the OP has had two in a row that aren't up to spec. It's not unheard of! It could become beneficial if the reputation is damaged. Prices will be lowered for a short time to regain customer trust and that's a point that many people can purchase a new TT for a reduction in price.

Stay the course and keep going. Just keep in mind it isn't the dealers fault. As long as you maintain a good relationship with them, they should reciprocate.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    They are going to send me another one, which is great service and I'm keeping the faith!

Tbh it sounds to good not to try again.

My System:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast