+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interior electronics covered in dust - help !

I'm Paul.

Default Interior electronics covered in dust - help !

So as part of the system I'm putting together for my gf I took a punt on a Denon amp on GumTree and spent the princely sum of £5 on a beast of an integrated.
    The fella selling it said I could bring it back if it was knackered, it worked when he tested it a year ago but has subsequently been sat in his garage gathering (a staggering amount of) dust.

It powers up okay and I tried a pair of headphones in it to test the volume pot and it's all good.
    I've removed the cover and run a hoover over the obvious bits, without touching anything .. and now comes the serious clean-up.
    There's thick dust pretty much everywhere, in all the nooks and crannies.
    I'm guessing I could use one of those fluffy camera/keyboard blower-brush things but does anyone else have any suggestions ?
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Grant.

a compressor and a blower thats what i use, just dont lat the noozle get too close and do it outside

if its welded on then your stuck with leaving it or you can wash and dry them but thats not for amateurs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Aerosol compressed air and half inch paintbrush.

(bit of switch cleaner probably wouldn't hurt either)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

When I was working on the bench calibrating much more complex and expensive electronic kit than a HiFi amp - we used this stuff - https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/servisol-...er-400ml-jp18u

Safe to use and does a great job - just make sure the amp is totally dry before switching back on and don't be too vigorous with your brush.

I'm Paul.

Hey, that's great advice people !

Thank you very much
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Alan.

Before and after please Paul

I'm Paul.

Blimey !

You sure ??
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Andrew.

Oh yeah baby.

I'm Dennis.

I have become a little more brave these days and do things like wash (mains) electric motors in a sink of hot water and Ariel. In the past this would horrify me, and I would have said water and electrical stuff, absolutely not.

But with a cct board I would happily use a 1/2 inch paint brush and sparingly use water and detergent, the important thing being to remove all detergent by thorough rinsing after agitation of dirt in to suspension, and then dry thoroughly, use a hair dryer to both blow off the excess water and also to evaporate that which remains.

Water is not recognised for the powerful solvent it really is. You can alternatively plat safe and use the more expensive RS Computer Solvent which is a CFC cleaner designed for this purpose.

+ Reply to Thread