+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD player or transport that can take an external clock signal?

montesquieu Guest

Default CD player or transport that can take an external clock signal?

I have a Mutec MC-3+USB on the way which I see has no less than six word clock outputs.

Just wondering if anyone makes a (preferably cheap) CDP or transport that can synch with an external clock?

Curious about whether it would make any impact.

Not that I'm unhappy at all at with Audio Note transport but the experiment could be illuminating.

I'm David.

The Linn Karik has an RCA 'sync link' to sync it to the master clock in its partnering Numerik DAC......no idea whether it would work with a different DAC.

I'm Neil.

Be interested if anyone can suggest a good clock that isn't mega bucks. I have both a Marantz and Esoteric that have clock inputs, and I am curious but not madly so, to see if there is an improvement.
    Regards Neil

I'm Rob.

There are these for around a £100 that have good reviews, but all the blurb seems to suggest that they are for syncing recording equipment.
    http://artproaudio.com/wordclock_gen...oduct/syncgen/

I have a Behringer Ultramatch Dac that has a BNC wordclock connection that says "use this to connect equipment for external synchronisation". It needs a 75 Ohm T connector, but I have no idea what I would do once I have this connector and whether it could be connected to the Syncgen, and if it did would it actually do anything worthwhile for digital playback.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Rob.

The Cambridge Discmagic transport used to sync-link with the Isomagic Dac by way of an optical connection, but whether this set up would allow it to lock to an external clock I don't know. I have a Discmagic so perhaps at some stage I could try it.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm James.

I think some of the CEC's have Clock inputs.

Why does your DAC have 6 44.1kHz O/P's what Transport do they make which needs them ? Seems very odd.

Jim.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

Why does your DAC have 6 44.1kHz O/P's what Transport do they make which needs them ? Seems very odd.

Jim.
    It doesn't. My DAC is by Audio Note.

The Mutec is a reclocking device / master clock, USB => SPDIF/AES-EBU converter and DSD-PCM converter all rolled into one. It has six clock outputs - a veritable digital swiss army knife.

As stated above I'm very happy with my AN transport I'm just curious as to what a transport with a master clock input might do.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

Jim.
    Designed for studio use i.e. syncing up multiple DACs / ADCs, DAT players etc. with a single clock source.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm James.

Ah I see. That makes sense.

J.

I'm Geoff.

The Tag McLaren CDT20 has a clock link that can be used with the partnering AVR32.
    No idea if it works with anything else though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast