+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bronze turntable mat

I'm phil.

Default bronze turntable mat

has any one had any experience of these...
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Dave.

Yes. My pal Be Yamamura used to make them back in the late 70s for us to sell. You need to be sure that the turntable bearing is up to the job of supporting the extra weight, because many can't.

I'm Clive.

I have the Puresound Tenuto MkII gunmetal mat on my 301 having upgraded from the lighter weight Mk I version. It makes a very noticeable difference to the sound which I prefer to the stock 301 mat or any other after market mats I have tried.

I'm phil.

ok its going on a technics sl 1200 so that shouldnt be a problem, how does it compare to copper
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Clive.

I have not tried a copper mat but the density of copper and gunmetal are similar so would expect similar effect on sound.

Bigman80 Guest

Well the tenuto is is on my list of things to go on my SP10. It's a cracking bit of kit BUT very hard to find used.

Bronze I imagine would yield similar results.

Have you got a link to the one you are considering?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Clive.

In fact if I recall correctly, the original Puresound mat before the Tenuto was a copper one. Presumably Guy found gunmetal to give a better result.

I'm phil.

my nephew works in a metal workshop hes in the process of making me one then going to get a matching arm board,

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    my nephew works in a metal workshop hes in the process of making me one then going to get a matching arm board,
    Ah I see,. I'm still looking for a used tenuto lol. Would have considered copper.

Yes the precursor was copper, the gun metal has less resonance

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm phil.

will post pics when it arrives hopefully by next weekend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast