+ Reply to Thread

Thread: linn top plate corner bolt hole measurements??

I'm Karl.

Default linn top plate corner bolt hole measurements??

Hi guys , I'm putting together a custom LP12 and am wondering if anybody out there has the exact measurements of the corner bolt hole placement above where the motor is mounted on the top plate in top left hand corner. it goes through and attaches to the corner bracing to prevent plinth rattle and enable a snug fit the top plate. Also what size bolt is used i.e. 5mm ,6mm, M3,M4 etc??? I have looked endlessly online but cant find any genuine linn info, only peoples own mods.
    My top plate wont be arriving to oz for a couple of weeks but would like to get the hole drilled in the corner brace of the plinth thats secures the plate.
    If anybody out there has an lp12 that can measure in from the side and back of top plate it would be a great help. hopefully one of these images works. still haven't quite figured out how to post them yet
    Thanks
    Karl (bigbird)

[IMG]linn.png[/IMG]

file:///Users/appleisthepassword/Downloads/linn.png
    Last edited by Bigbird; 29-10-2017 at 07:48. Reason: add photo
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Chris.

Hi Karl
    There are 5 large bolts on the top plate - and 2 smaller ones front and back as well as a grub screw near the motor and 2 coming from underneath where the belt runs through , as well as 2 for holding the motor
    do you mean the larger ones around the top plate, I will describe the motor ones, hopefully that gets you started.

The 2 motor bolt holes are diagonal opposite each other so two measurements - in fact 4 are needed to define the diagonal A. 111mm locates the bolt that is from the plinth rear outer to the hole closer to the outer frame
    and B.69mm locates the bolt that is from the rear plinth - that hole being closer to the armboard than the other, and to define further relative to the side from the side furthest from arm board - same point as A above is 71mm
    from the side of the plinth, and B above is 111mm from the side. The Plinth is 22mm thick. As for bolt size it looks very close to M3 - but is a high tensile allen key type Also noted there is adjustment of about 5mm on a diagonal
    like a key way for placing the motor, so it is positioned I guess relative to enabling the motor pulley and given final tension, once the motor pulley functions correctly.

Hope that helps

Cheers / Chris
    Last edited by Light Dependant Resistor; 29-10-2017 at 05:22.

I'm Karl.

Hi Chris thanks for the reply, its the bolt in the top left corner of the plinth behind the motor and belt guide holes.
    it goes through the plate and corner bracing of the plinth to stop any plinth rattle.
    I know the older plates didn't have it but the newer ones do.
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Chris.

Hi Karl
    My model is missing that one, the nearest I can see to the motor and belt guide is the grub screw
    That one is 77mm measured from the rear plinth, and equally 77mm from the side plinth,
    Its also about M3 maybe a tad smaller, and on mine has a medium thread.

Cheers / Chris

I'm Karl.

Thanks Chris I've added a url to a photo in my original post (hopefully it works), I have a suspicion its somewhere around 33 or 36mm equidistant from both edges but want to get it spot on so I will carry on the search and hopefully somebody will save the day.
    thanks for your time buddy

I'm Karl.

Anybody else out there with the newer style lp12 top plate??
    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread