+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Puresound P10 Phono Stage

I'm John.

Default Puresound P10 Phono Stage

Great little valve phone stage that I no longer need as selling my turntable. Original valves replaced with JJ Gold Pin valves as advised by Puresound.

The active amplification stages use double triodes in a simple anode follower configuration. The phono equalisation is achieved using passive components and can therefore maintain its accuracy over time without introducing the unacceptable levels of phase shift found in active equalisation stages. There is no negative feedback in the circuit.

The P10 features a particularly elaborate HT power supply. After the initial rectification and smoothing, the supply is split and two separate, heavily decoupled high voltage rails are established. These feed each half of the output valve while further decoupling of each rail allows the cleanest and most independent voltage rails possible to feed each half of the input valve. The absolute stability of this supply regardless of the demands made by the audio signal on the circuit, lends the P10 a stability and poise which allows effortless reproduction of the most demanding source material.
    The valve filaments are also fed by a DC supply thereby ensuring constant operating conditions for the amplifier.

The circuit makes use of close tolerance metal film resistors, polypropylene signal coupling capacitors and selected valves.

The gain of the P10 is 40 dB (x 100).

Can deliver within 80 miles of Newmarket or can be picked up.

Looking for £250.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm Richard.

Default Puresound

I would like to buy this , please PM me Richard

I'm keith.

Hi Richard.

I'd like to take it please if Dickchy doesn't.

Thank you.
    Keith

I'm Richard.

Default Puresound PMs

Hi John,

Have sent a couple of PMs regarding the P10, can you check if your inbox is full as not had a reply.

Definitely would like it and happy for you to take the valves out.

Apologies if this crosses in the ether!

Richard

I'm John.

Now sold to Cosmo who picked up earlier today.

Initial buyer dropped out and Cosmo was the second person to make contact.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm Richard.

Default Understood

Hi John,

No problem. My search continues!

Richard

I'm Cosmo.

Thanks John, great to meet you today and thanks for an pleasurable transaction.
    Will get it in the system and let you know how i get on.
    All the best,
    Cosmo

I'm Richard.

Hi Cosmo,
    You beat me to it. Be interested in how it sounds. Let me know if you see another one!

Cheers,

Richard

+ Reply to Thread