+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yamaha A-s3000

I'm Andrew.

Default Yamaha A-s3000

Are there any Yamaha A-S3000 users here?

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    I have the AS-1000 and think it is a very underrated amplifier.
    David.

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    If it surpasses the performance, build quality and input/output flexibility of the A-S2100 (which shares much of its circuit topology and some of its key componentry), then it would be very worthwhile seeking out and auditioning.

IMHO, given a 'blind auditioning', many in the market for a quality integrated amplifier would be seduced by the many virtues of Yamaha's higher-end models and be pleasantly surprised at the comparatively modest cost of ownership. They have the additional advantage of coming with a 5-year warranty and if one had the misfortune to encounter a problem within the first 12 months, it would automatically be replaced (old for new) rather than repaired.

Jon

+ Reply to Thread