+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not selling my LP12 but.........

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    At the moment I'm only using a modded Cambridge audio A1 (£60 new).

I bought a Arcam A49, didn't like it, bought a second hand Musical Fidelity A308 pre power, didn't like it. Naim Nait 5i, Nait XS, didn't like them either but the Yamaha seems to get some fantastic user feedback.
    Well in that case, forget all about another turntable - you need a quality amp! There's no way that the Cambridge is doing justice to the rest of your system. Not sure that the Yamaha is, sonically, worth the type of money being asked for it.

It certainly looks gorgeous, though

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Hi Andrew

I should soon have my own new SL-1200GR up and running with a new design Jelco TK-850S tonearm, which you are welcome to hear if you wish (I am in Norwich). I don't sell either Technics or Jelco (at the moment) - this setup is just to promote my new modular armboards for the Technics decks (old and new). I think the SL-1200GR will sound magnificent with the new Jelco, which bucks convention by adopting a knife-edge vertical bearing system in a much more substantial bearing structure compared to the existing Jelco range.
    I'd love a listen to that too, Hugo. The new Jelco sounds intriguing. Would be good to compare my own Technics against the new one. It'd also be good to do a proper write-up for the forum, as I'd imagine that a few folks here would be interested in the coutcome

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

It would seem that these are in short supply.

Just spoke to Sevenoaks, quoted 8 - 10 weeks and Richer sounds in Norwich have two on order but both sold!

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'd love a listen to that too, Hugo. The new Jelco sounds intriguing. Would be good to compare my own Technics against the new one. It'd also be good to do a proper write-up for the forum, as I'd imagine that a few folks here would be interested in the coutcome

Marco.
    Maybe an opportunity to recover my lost OEM Stillpoint footer, which fell amongst your stack of Mana, quite a few years ago! The new Jelco is a bit of a punt, but it does look to have much greater structural strength around the bearings, than the 750 and 250 series, and I have a feeling in my water that it will be good. There’s nothing wrong with knife edge bearings, when done properly.

Sounds like a plan, Hugo, once I get my listening room back, which is currently chock-a-block full of kitchen paraphernalia, since we've been installing a completely new kitchen.

However, Del's off now on half term, and the kitchen's 90% finished, so hope to clear the clutter there sometime towards the end of next week. Anyway, let me know when you have the new Techy and Jelco, and we'll take it from there

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    It would seem that these are in short supply.

Just spoke to Sevenoaks, quoted 8 - 10 weeks and Richer sounds in Norwich have two on order but both sold!
    Btw Andrew, amp-wise, you should take a look at the Clef, Hugo has just reviewed in our Strokes of Genius section: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...282#post912282

Could be an interesting option?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234