+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robert Plant “Carry Fire” - odd recording

I'm Stephen.

Default Robert Plant “Carry Fire” - odd recording

Anyone else got / listened to this new album?
    Overall I rate it but the recording on track 2 side 2 (A way with words) is most odd. Plants voice is strangely distorted almost sounds like he has a lisp or been to the dentist ! At first I thought my cartridge must be mistracking but the setup was spot on. So I streamed it from Apple Music to the same system and it was still there so it must be the recording/production. Most odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Anyone else got / listened to this new album?
    Overall I rate it but the recording on track 2 side 2 (A way with words) is most odd. Plants voice is strangely distorted almost sounds like he has a lisp or been to the dentist ! At first I thought my cartridge must be mistracking but the setup was spot on. So I streamed it from Apple Music to the same system and it was still there so it must be the recording/production. Most odd.

Snap

Yes I heard that as well. I thought I had a duff copy. In my case it was a flac file. Maybe Robert Plant had a cold or something and could not be arsed to record it again.

Robert Plant was on Jools Holland's show recently and was good. So was Beck. Beck's style has changed quite a bit. More 'pop'.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Stephen.

Glad it’s not my ears (or worse my system) - gotta love AoS

Always a little further

I'm Chris.

I agree - it is track 6 on the CD.

I like it overall - although Ł13.99 from 7Digital is a rip-off. Friends of mine didn't go to see him live because of the cost (don't know how expensive).

Maybe he has run out of money. At least I did a bit to help the poor guy out

I'm Chris.

I am listening for the first time as I write. I think you may mean Bones of Saints lol.

Although track 6 (A Way With Words) would have been nicely ironic.

I have nothing against people with lisps by the way!

I'm Shaun.

Bought this last week/week before on CD and am so glad I didn't waste 26 quid on the vinyl version as I really do not like it. Really cheesy 70's style lyrics that really should have grown up by now. Musicianship is good but really was a waste of money for me.

I'm Martin.

Planty solo albums eh? I made my excuses and left after 'Fate Of Nations' although that is a good album. All that world music and folky stuff he does now isn't my bag.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread