+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Like button ?

I'm Steve.

Ha! Just wait till I learn how to post pictures, horror on an epic scale!

I'm Martin.

If there was to be a like button should there not also be a hate button? Dialectics 101.

If there is only a like button and I don't press it am I saying I don't like it or am I just indifferent to it or what? How are people supposed to know? So there needs to be a 'meh' button too.

That's the trouble with the internet, nothing has been properly thought through.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

An 'indifferent' button would probably get the most use, but I'm not sure I'd be interested enough to use it.

I'm Martin.

I suppose it could be a default. So if you don't like or hate it automatically scores it as indifferent.

I don't know why I'm having to work all this out myself. Wasn't Sir Tim Berners-Lee (or whatever) supposed to do all this already? Invented the internet my arse, at best it's just a quick lash-up.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Wasn't Sir Tim Berners-Lee (or whatever) supposed to do all this already? Invented the internet my arse, at best it's just a quick lash-up.
    I reckon that in a dusty forgotten corner somewhere, there's a thirteen amp plug in a wall socket, which if yanked out would bring the entire internet grinding to a halt.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I reckon that in a dusty forgotten corner somewhere, there's a thirteen amp plug in a wall socket, which if yanked out would bring the entire internet grinding to a halt.
    I read somewhere that the boffins say they really need to stop it for at least 24 hours while they sort it out but the frightening thing is that would cause civilisation to crash completely so they can't ever do it. They just have to keep lashing it up.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    The missus has a like button, but I've no idea where it is:
    I think you mean a lik button - keep looking, she'll know when you find it!

I'm Steve.

No luck so far, it's like trying to find a penny down the back of the sofa. But I'm nothing if not a trier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234