+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Islington..

I'm Matteo.

Default Hello from Islington..

Hi all
    my name is Matteo, and I've joined up to my first Audio forum. I heard good reviews about AoS, so I here I am.

I'm probably, like most blokes, re living their youth again through the hifi revival.. especially the use of turntables, that have taken off ten fold!
    I haven't had a chance to flick through the forums, but I will be starting to upgrade my kit to a out of "70's" level with your help.

I inherited my fathers system, a pair of Spendor BC1's, a Goldring GL75 deck, Quad 303/33 pre power...all in need of a service, and a change of interconnects as well!
    It's good, well made, and now worth something...do I service the whole lot, upgrading internal components, or start replacing amps and speakers for better items...we'll see.

Bearing in mind, this kit did belong to my Dad, so it's not going very far...The name I chose refers to...a track off one of my favourite albums...any guesses?

I'll keep you updated, watch this space.

All the best
    Matteo.

I'm gone.

Hi Matteo and welcome to AOS.

I wouldn't have a clue about your chosen forum name, but Google is my friend and I don't mind cheating! ...

I'm Matteo.

Very good, well done!..hey embrace the bandwidth!
    That track oozes early Synths..excellent Album, Travelogue.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Matteo. Welcome to AOS.

That's a proper seventies 'classic' system you've inherited and capable of some very good sounds. Worth keeping together, even if you get something else to use as well.

There's plenty going on here, so take a look around, get involved and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread