Through the Summer, I have been inundated with Mice in the Loft. Apparently, they have been a big problem for many people and may have something to do with the vanishing hedgerows I asked about on another thread. Their habitat has disappeared, so they invade our's.

Anyway, I have poison bait in trays and 10 Mouse and Rat traps in the loft and catch, on average, one Mouse per day. It's a bloody nightmare, because I have to get them out of the loft before the Bluebottles lay their eggs in the body. I inadvertently left a body for a week, on a couple of occasions and the result was not pretty.

The Rentokil man came today and showed me with his 'special' torch, which shows up the luminous dust he had put down, where the little buggers are getting in. This is a very narrow gap between the lined roof tiles and the flooring in the loft. I would like to block some of these gaps but not sure what to use. The Rentokil man suggested "wire wool" but not sure how I would cut this and get it in the gaps, which are difficult to access. It needs to be something the little buggers won't chew at.

Any suggestions ?