+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bright Star Isonodes / Coupling vs. Decoupling

I'm Phil.

under the speakers on the stands . hopefully when i can get some better standmounts i can put them under the speakers on the stand . saves buying a fancy stand and i can make something suitable heigth
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Neil.

Default Bright Star Isonodes / Coupling vs. Decoupling

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    under the speakers on the stands . hopefully when i can get some better standmounts i can put them under the speakers on the stand . saves buying a fancy stand and i can make something suitable heigth
    Try them in place of your floor spikes / stand bases too.

...have just bought another pair of large IsoNodes for under the TT, and some small ones for my preamp power supply. This means my entire system will be decoupled.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Phil.

so now popped my humble proac studio 125 back in system yesterday . they have been good and lovely midrange but a tiny bit lacking when you play piano . hence an order for another pair of speakers recently after a number of listening sessions .

well thought i would risk the iso pucks under the proac as they are quite light and the 9kg per puck is easily within limits . i was worried they would wobble but they are infact quite stable

well i never cease to be amazed how these isolation thingies make such a difference , havng been impressed in days gone by by all the usual , sonority design platforms, stella stands , stillpoints , black ravioli etc etc .... the pucks as we have said are very reasonably priced at 50 quid from pro audio stores so around 200 quid for a pair of speakers

the improvement on the proac is profound , much clearer and sweeter treble and much more full bloodied sound all round . extremly good tweak if i may say
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234