+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bright Star Isonodes / Coupling vs. Decoupling

I'm Neil.

I use them under a granite slab that my turntable sits on, very effective and as shelf isolation on an old Target B series table I have, also effective.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I use them under a granite slab that my turntable sits on, very effective and as shelf isolation on an old Target B series table I have, also effective.
    Cool, they are excellent VFM too. I have an acrylic platform from SRM/Tech that uses sorbothane hemispheres, I suspect that it will perform better with the isonodes.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

My decoupling adventures continue... I have just gotten another 4x large Bright Star IsoNodes, and 4x small ones. So:

Black Ravioli under the amp
    Replace the Black Ravoli under my CD player (moving these to the amp) with an SRM/Tech Silent Stage that's doing nothing upstairs
    Large IsoNodes under the DAC
    Small IsoNodes under my preamp (just the preamp box, not the power supply box)

+ the existing Large IsoNodes under the speakers
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Default Bright Star Isonodes / Coupling vs. Decoupling

It appears like the noise floor of the system has dropped, sweeter top end and more defined bass. However the room is sounding significantly less lively now so the sound is drier, but more 3D soundstage, probably because it all sounds more taut and controlled now, especially when there are bass transients.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 22-11-2017 at 08:28.

I'm Mike.

Hi Yomanze, can you explain how you place your large isonodes under your speakers? Do you use anything between them and speakers, like granite for instance? I have bass control issues with my set up.
    Thanks. Mike.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Hi Yomanze, can you explain how you place your large isonodes under your speakers? Do you use anything between them and speakers, like granite for instance? I have bass control issues with my set up.
    Thanks. Mike.
    Hi Mike. I took the floor spikes off and replaced them with IsoNodes. No granite, just using the flat side against the bottom plate of the stands. However, 4x large IsoNodes are rated to a maximum of 19KG, and your speakers are 20KG, so if you wanted to try, you'd need the extra large ones rated at 27KG (your Ruark speakers at 20KG each I think). This'd be $100 for 8x pieces.

if you wanted a cheaper alternative, take a look at: http://www.qtasystems.co.uk/articles...emispheres.htm - the charts indicate you'd want 8x 40M50D for your speakers.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Hi Mike. I took the floor spikes off and replaced them with IsoNodes. No granite, just using the flat side against the bottom plate of the stands. However, 4x large IsoNodes are rated to a maximum of 19KG, and your speakers are 20KG, so if you wanted to try, you'd need the extra large ones rated at 27KG (your Ruark speakers at 20KG each I think). This'd be $100 for 8x pieces.

if you wanted a cheaper alternative, take a look at: http://www.qtasystems.co.uk/articles...emispheres.htm - the charts indicate you'd want 8x 40M50D for your speakers.
    Thank you so much! I shall try this.

I'm Neil.

Thank you so much! I shall try this.
    Please make sure you report back!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Please make sure you report back!
    Will do, I just ordered 8, only £25. My room is carpeted, is it best to put stone slabs down first?

I'm Geoff.

My room is carpeted, is it best to put stone slabs down first?
    Not directly onto carpet. Any residual moisture in the slabs will rot the carpet. It happened to me! There's always some moisture retained by slabs, even if they look dry.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast