+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Sony PS-T33 Turntable *FAULTY*

I'm Geoff.

Default FS: Sony PS-T33 Turntable *FAULTY*

Don't know if this will be any use to anyone but the headshell is common to some posher models as recently discussed on another thread.

This deck is FAULTY. It used to work fine but all of a sudden the speed selection LED and repeat LED started to flicker and the speed control is all over the place. It was oscillating a bit and now just runs far too fast. I'm presuming that component(s) on the motor control board have failed.

It is complete however. Arm is straight and it will be supplied with the original Sony cartridge and fairly used stylus.

Cosmetically, the deck itself isn't too bad with some small knocks here and there. The lid however is extensively scratched on top. No major damage though and the hinges are good.

Is this worth £30 to anyone? I'd also be happy to swap for something smaller and more useful such as a budget cartridge with good stylus etc. You will need to collect from just outside Bicester (M40, J9).
    I have another couple of not quite working turntables which are available if you have the skills to fix them and want a job lot.

I'm Geoff.

Any interest?

I'm Geoff.

Offers?

I'm nigel.

Is this a model of the type with oxide on the inside of the platter?
    This is imprinted with a timecode and read under rotation by a tape head to ensure correct speed stability.

After many years the oxide becomes unstable and flakes off, rendering the deck US sadly.

Hope yours is not of this style.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by sumday View Post
    Is this a model of the type with oxide on the inside of the platter?
    This is imprinted with a timecode and read under rotation by a tape head to ensure correct speed stability.

After many years the oxide becomes unstable and flakes off, rendering the deck US sadly.

Hope yours is not of this style.
    Well, that should help the sale.

Yes it is of that type, but it doesn't appear to be flaking off.

I'm nigel.

Erm....it certainly will help with the sale.
    Having confirmed the metal oxide coating is in good shape, any prospective buyer is now aware the deck CAN be repaired with component changes.

You can thank me now.....

Good luck with the sale.

INGE.

I'm Geoff.

Last chance before it's stripped.

I'm Edward.

Just in case it helps you Geoff or someone who would like to take this on here is the service manual for this deck.

https://elektrotanya.com/sony_ps-t33.pdf/download.html

Maybe the fault is a simple fix?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread