+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Origin Live Onyx tonearm

I'm Shaun.

Default Origin Live Onyx tonearm

Just been posted this link about my current tonearm. It really is a fine piece of engineering and completely blows away the Rega that it replaced.

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/revi...-onyx-tonearm/

I'm Alan.

Hi Shaun,

What's your thoughts on the Onyx compared with your Rega arm? I am contemplating using the Onyx on a Systemdek IVe which I am currently refurbishing which has a Rega cut arm board.

Cheers
    Alan

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzAO1 View Post
    Hi Shaun,

What's your thoughts on the Onyx compared with your Rega arm? I am contemplating using the Onyx on a Systemdek IVe which I am currently refurbishing which has a Rega cut arm board.

Cheers
    Alan
    Well Alan, the differences are subtle and tend to become more obvious over time but for me it was a tightening of the whole frequency spectrum and tightening of the stereo image. There was as a result of this, a more defined show of fine detail as well. What you have to ask yourself is, is it really worth over five hundred quid because I got the upgraded cable as well.

I'm Shaun.

I also forgot to say that the physical fit and finish and sheer quality of the Origin Live is better than the Rega was.

I'm Alan.

Thanks, I was going to purchase a NOS Rega Rb300 which I found locally and send it to get rewired which will push it quite close to the price of the standard Onyx. Now you got me thinking about the upgraded cable .

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzAO1 View Post
    Thanks, I was going to purchase a NOS Rega Rb300 which I found locally and send it to get rewired which will push it quite close to the price of the standard Onyx. Now you got me thinking about the upgraded cable .
    Well, you know mate, according to some highly misguided individuals cables don't make a difference and so are a waste of money

+ Reply to Thread