+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More Heybrook TT2 questions - sweating the small stuff

I'm John.

With regards VTA and mat thickness, Origin Live & Michell do an aftermarket VTA adjuster for the RB250/300 that allows on the fly adjustment additionally OL also does a very good platter mat.

I'm Shane.

I had a Renault 4 once that was known as The Lurch.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    With regards VTA and mat thickness, Origin Live & Michell do an aftermarket VTA adjuster for the RB250/300 that allows on the fly adjustment additionally OL also does a very good platter mat.
    Thanks for the head's up on that. An easily-adjustable VTA would certainly be a boon if I start playing around with different cartridges and mats (highly likely). Some of the small Origin Live parts are obtainable here on Amazon (belts, etc.), but I will have to check on the other products. If not, ordering from UK retailers is painless for us over here...I regularly order bike parts from UK online sellers, and shipping costs and speed are as good as domestic. Nice! Thanks John!

Shane, you know the old rule of thumb: tickle the gas and caress the clutch, softly, softly . Not sure if that would work on a Renault though...

Regards,
    Svend

I'm Shane.

It wasn’t so much clutch take up as it’s habit of scraping the door handles on the road round bends that earned it the name! To be honest, that car was more fun at 30MPH than a modern car at 100.
    Last edited by shane; 29-10-2017 at 17:34.

I'm Svend.

Reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson driving the Reliant Robin. Hilarious!

I'm Shane.

R4s roll, but they never let go!

I'm Svend.

The shadowy figure behind the wheel, is that you? Love the car!

You know, that pic reminds me of my wife (then girlfriend) in her first car - a very rusty '73 Super Beetle. She drove exactly like that (still does, at times) - always at the limit of two wheels lifting off. I thought I'd die in a fiery crash. Brilliant car, though! There's a reason the mid-engine Porsches handle so well....it started with the Bug

Cheers,
    Svend

I'm Shane.

No, that’s just a stock photo of a Renault 4 I found to illustrate the point. Oddly enough, ours expired in 1972 when my sister actually succeeded in rolling it by driving it up a bank. A large insect flew in through the vent below the windscreen, causing her to close her eyes and let go of the wheel!

The glories of thread drift!

I'm Svend.

Hope she wasn't injured!

After fenders and quarter panels started falling off from rust, and water started filling the floor pan every time it rained, my wife's Beetle went to her brother who converted it into a dune buggy. Not sure who had more fun in that car -- my wife or her brother.

Back to the Heybrook I looked at the record clamp from Michell, and I like it. Looks nice and light...not like the 20 oz. hockey pucks . I will see if I can find one here. The O-L platter mat looks nice too.

Svend

I'm Shane.

Fortunately she was fine!

I’ll be interested to hear your findings with clamps and mats. The OL clamp neatly circumvents the weight issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast