+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 453 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Svend.

Sweet! Thanks for posting that! Looking forward to seeing that on a proper screen later (on my mobile at the moment).

Cheers Grant!

I'm Grant.

Otis Spann...The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions.

Although best known as the pianist in the Muddy Waters band, Otis had a decent rep as a songwriter and solo performer. He played with some of the greatest blues men of his generation too.
    This collection is superb

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble .....

...This Epic collection presents Vaughan's material in roughly chronological order.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

This is from the big Epic set of Srv...disc 3 to be precise...3 cds and a dvd... this is the best of the srv albums, and comes in hard long box with book..

Stevie was a great player, and was friends with Albert King, who was a bit like his mentor.. the did an album together which is also worth seeking out
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Desperate Man Blues; Discovering the Roots of American Music

CD is companion to documentary Desperate Man Blues directed by Edward Gillan (2003).

As Joe Bussard states in documentary: "You can thank old time record collectors for the music that is left because the record companies didn't give a damn about any of that stuff." ...top man Joe...featuring track-by-track annotation by Bussard himself. It's an excellent mixture of classics by some of the most esteemed early country and blues giants and the kind of more obscure items that are primarily known only to the type of listeners who covet what Bussard collects. like me...

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Topsy Chapman

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nat.

Miles Davis Quintet - Relaxing with The Miles Davis Quintet
    Analogue Productions vinyl reissue.

I’m listening to a lot of Miles lately especially the early stuff like this.

I'm Nat.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Otis Spann...The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions.

Although best known as the pianist in the Muddy Waters band, Otis had a decent rep as a songwriter and solo performer. He played with some of the greatest blues men of his generation too.
    This collection is superb

His missus Lucile wasn’t bad either ‘ Cry Before I Go’ is a great record unfortunately can’t find a reasonably priced vinyl copy so have to stream it instead.

I'm Geoff.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6WXB2...RBS-QaSGL66kAg

A beautiful album. Think Sinner period Mingus with a hint of gospel.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Grant.

Satchmo. At the national press club
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread