+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 453 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Grant.

Eric Clapton.. Sessions for Robert J.

The band that joins Clapton is comprised of guitar master Doyle Bramhall, organist Billy Preston, Steve Gadd on drums, pianist Chris Stainton and Nathan East on bass.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A bit of Washboard Sam to start the day...

Sam was a very popular bluesman in the 30's/40's, playing with bluesmen like Bukka White, Memphis Slim, Willie Lacey, and Jazz Gillum, although his main partner would be the man he used to say was his half brother, Big Bill Broonzy(he probably wasn't). Sam wrote hundreds of songs as well and was probably the best washboard player around (quite a skill at the top level)

Washboard Sam
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Albert King...Blues at Sunrise

Albert here at Montreux jazz festival back in 73. One of the best live blues guitarists was Albert, and he could power away from pretty much anyone. Good singer too and a huge guy too..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

On to my mint utopia Japanese double of same concert

Albert Live. Even got the rare mint obi. Lol

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

Albert with srv...in session

Great pic of his flying v.. lucy

Albert King

When Rolling Stone reporter Jon Landau asked Albert King in 1968 who his guitar influences were, King replied, "Nobody. Everything I do is wrong." A pioneer of electric blues, King (who was left-handed) played a right-handed 1959 Gibson Flying V upside down, with the bass strings unconventionally facing the floor. He used an indecipherable secret tuning, hitting notes with his thumb. The six-foot-four, 300-pound King was able to bend notes farther and more powerfully than almost any other guitarist, and his records influenced a generation: Eric Clapton lifted the "Strange Brew" solo from King, and Duane Allman turned the melody of King's "As the Years Go Passing By" into the main riff of "Layla." Jimi Hendrix was star-struck when his hero opened for him at the Fillmore in 1967. "I taught [Hendrix] a lesson about the blues," said King. "I could have easily played his songs, but he couldn't play mine."

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now, Muddy "Mississippi" Waters live...

Think his real name was mckinley morganfield, so cant blame him for changing to muddy waters .

He was one of the bridges from delta to r&roll...
    musical genius and much loved...this is a great live album
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Recorded at Levon Helm's Woodstock studio, Waters and touring band are joined by Helm and Garth Hudson . this album got lost for a long time but reappeared and was issued in 1995 (I think).

works rather well this....
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

I'm David.

Count Base Basie Jam. What an amazing disc and brilliantly recorded too!

I'm Grant.

Muddy Waters...Folk Singer/vinyl

should say this album is from 1963 and Muddy's only purely acoustic album. Played in a session with Willie Dixon, bass, Clifton James, drums, and Buddy Guy on acoustic too. John T Brown plays sax on the extra tracks recorded at a later date.
    Last edited by struth; 24-07-2018 at 11:10.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread