+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 453 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Grant.

not an issue, and its at least brought some posts in...
    alas that album was put in sony's classical output and that killed it stone dead. i guess they didnt really know or care; typical modern sony...

now,

George Melly... George was a great singer, and well thought of across the world, tho mostly here in Britain. Dressed like a 30's gangster, he was larger than life. A great quote about him here....

He was a "personality" who actually had personality, a jazz singer who was also a cultural commentator, a devotee of the Surrealists who wrote the story-lines of a cartoon-strip. Presenter-performer, autobiographer, libertarian and in his own word "tart", he was "Good-Time George".
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

One more today, and its blues.... Blind Willie McTell's Last Session, which i think was about 1956. he died in 59 of a brain hemmorage after quitting music to become a pastor.
    His Style was one one fingering and slide all at once giving the impression that there was 2 players.

Blind Willie McTell was one of the giants of the blues, as a guitarist and as a singer and recording artist. Hardly any of his work as passed down to us on record is less than first-rate, and this makes most any collection of his music worthwhile. A studious and highly skilled musician whose skills transcended the blues, he was equally adept at ragtime, spirituals, story-songs, hillbilly numbers, and popular tunes, excelling in all of these genres. He could read and write music in braille, which gave him an edge on many of his sighted contemporaries, and was also a brilliant improvisor on the guitar, as is evident from his records. McTell always gave an excellent account of himself, even in his final years of performing and recording.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Charlie Byrd/ Brazilian Byrd

Antonio Carlos Jobim songs arranged by Tommy Newsom. very pleasant album
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Allman Brothers Band....at fillmore east

Could go here or in main section, this rock blues album is still one of the greatest albums out there... a bit like a jazz band the way they interact, its just smashing... 1971 this was released amazingly
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Branford Marsalis...in my solitude.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

+1 to the Allman Bros., and another for Marsalis! Great choices, both. If I ever get in a funk, I just have to listen to Jessica on the Brothers and Sisters album from the Allmans and it sets me right and puts a smile on my face again. Pure joy. One of my favourite songs.

I'm Grant.

Finish up today with Dr John's Gumbo

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    +1 to the Allman Bros., and another for Marsalis! Great choices, both. If I ever get in a funk, I just have to listen to Jessica on the Brothers and Sisters album from the Allmans and it sets me right and puts a smile on my face again. Pure joy. One of my favourite songs.
    . Good track
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

BTW, has anyone ever posted a thumbs-up for Stevie Ray Vaughan in this thread? Now that guy could play blues guitar!

I'm Grant.

Just for you...here' the epic version.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread