+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 453 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

I'm Grant.

The master of piano..Art Tatum

always say this... Astonishing!
    Last edited by struth; 10-03-2018 at 14:49.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Amazing. I just spun this up and was floored by the open wide sound so I looked deeper. This is a re-performance of the originals. Zenph Studios digitised the original recordings and then played it back via a solenoid driven Yamaha Grand. Zenph claim to be able to pick up from the original recording how exactly the keys were hit and released as well as Art's use of pedals. They also fixed a pitch error that was apparently evident on the source recording.

see: https://jazztimes.com/columns/cadenza/player-piano-man/

Now off to listen to some more stuff Zenph has done. For example Bach Goldberg Variations played by Glen Gould.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Amazing. I just spun this up and was floored by the open wide sound so I looked deeper. This is a re-performance of the originals. Zenph Studios digitised the original recordings and then played it back via a solenoid driven Yamaha Grand. Zenph claim to be able to pick up from the original recording how exactly the keys were hit and released as well as Art's use of pedals. They also fixed a pitch error that was apparently evident on the source recording.

see: https://jazztimes.com/columns/cadenza/player-piano-man/

Now off to listen to some more stuff Zenph has done. For example Bach Goldberg Variations played by Glen Gould.
    yup, ive got a peterson one too. his wife said it was immaculate to point she thought it was him there
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

So far as I can make out Zenph only did 4 albums (Art Tatum, Oscar P, Gould's Bach and Various Rachmaninoff pieces) as now they seem to have been swallowed up by Steinway who seemingly use the same tech in their Spirio self playing piano that sells for $$$$.

Listening to the Rachmaninoff currently which is lovely - lots of delicacy.

Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

yup, think thats right. ive got 2 cds. both are excellent quality
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Lena Horne. speaker's Corner vinyl
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Howlin’ Wolf – ‘Moanin’ in the Moonlight’

Howlin’ Wolf –‘Howlin’ Wolf’

Albert King – ‘The Best of Albert King’

Lightnin’ Hopkins – ‘The Very best of Lightnin’ Hopkins’

Barry

I'm Grant.

4 good choices there Barry
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Lena Horne. speaker's Corner vinyl
    got this vinyl on again. superb recording this...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Marvellous album

George Benson

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread