+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 453 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: What Jazz or Blues are you spinning?

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    got mine on amazon...

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    you got one ..good stuff
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

Miles Davis/Gil Evans
    This is quite a compilation! Over 7 hours of music...wow. Just found it on Spotify and listening now. Some brilliant stuff on there, including the Sketches of Spain songs. Quite a creative and prolific collaboration between those two. Good pick Grant.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

got mine on amazon...
    So did I.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

not the best sound as they are old recordings but he was a great player and storylike songster.
    I don't mind the less than perfect recordings - they add to the atmosphere and lend an air of authenticity!
    Barry

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Yes Svend, get yourself a copy. You'll not regret it.
    Just ordered it

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Just ordered it

if you like Waltz for Debby...

This, IMHO, is it's equal, if not better. Bill Evans at his peak, before the dreaded Narcotics took hold.
    The Trio's chemistry is as one.

Sunday at the Village Vanguard 1961

"lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Svend.

Adam, we have similar taste -- that album is already in my collection . And yes, totally agree that this is an outstanding recording. One of his best, if not the best. I think there's also a Saturday session, which I don't yet have. He had such a delicate touch on the keyboard, quite unique and distinctive. By contrast, I listened to an Oscar Peterson recording last night, and they couldn't be more different in style - some pretty thunderous passages coming out of the speakers. Fun stuff!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Adam, we have similar taste -- that album is already in my collection . And yes, totally agree that this is an outstanding recording. One of his best, if not the best. I think there's also a Saturday session, which I don't yet have. He had such a delicate touch on the keyboard, quite unique and distinctive. By contrast, I listened to an Oscar Peterson recording last night, and they couldn't be more different in style - some pretty thunderous passages coming out of the speakers. Fun stuff!
    I Don't know of the Saturday Night session Svend, yes different approach to Peterson!
    Modern pianist Brad Mehldau is another firm favourite. But there are few with the touch of Bill Evans.
    You can see why Miles adored him!

check this date out
    The drumming is beautiful from Shelly Manne, quite stunning on a good revealing system.
    Bill Evans and Shelly Manne Empathy 1962

"lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    I Don't know of the Saturday Night session Svend, yes different approach to Peterson!
    Modern pianist Brad Mehldau is another firm favourite. But there are few with the touch of Bill Evans.
    You can see why Miles adored him!

check this date out
    The drumming is beautiful from Shelly Manne, quite stunning on a good revealing system.
    Bill Evans and Shelly Manne Empathy 1962

My mistake -- there was no Saturday night session...just checked Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co...cordings,_1961. All sessions were recorded on the Sunday, including an afternoon session, hence my confusion. It also turns out that the Waltz for Debby recording came out of these very same sessions, which I didn't know.

I will definitely check out that Shelly Manne album! That's gotta be a great pairing with Evans. Thanks for the head's up on that. I just discovered Manne a couple of years ago, and he quickly became a favourite. Can't sit still listening to him. We have two of his Live at the Blackhawk recordings, and really need to get the other two in the set. Outstanding musician!

+ Reply to Thread