+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musical Fidelity Tri Vista 21 Dac problem (one channel down)

I'm Lawrence.

Default Musical Fidelity Tri Vista 21 Dac problem (one channel down)

I bought this on hififorsale a few months ago but within 2 weeks one of the channels went down. I have heard this is a common problem and may be caused by a cracking in the PCB, or perhaps a tube, but apparently it is usually the left channel (can't recall which one mine was, it's packed away now). Has anyone got any experience or can shed some light on this issue?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Justin.

Can you see the Tri-Vista's (valves) through the lid? Do all four look like they are on?

I'm Alan.

With the miniature wire ended valves the heater is so small it is virtually impossible to see if they are on.

I'm Lawrence.

IIRC I ran it with the lid off and they seemed to be. I'll have another go soon. Might try and flex the PCB or will that blow something, or kill me?

I'm Grant.

if it were intermittent then freeze spray might have found it. i would be very cautious re touching bits.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

No it's constant from the little time I tried. Could leave it on for a few hours to see if it comes back though, that might help thanks.

I'm Norman.

Default 21 Dac problem

Hi. Had same problem,sent the Dac to M/F for repair, no problems since.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    With the miniature wire ended valves the heater is so small it is virtually impossible to see if they are on.
    Nah I had a Tri-Vista SACD and it was quite seeable. The 21 has the same output stage board IIRC.

Replacements are actually easy to buy there were thousands on eBay when I last checked a few years ago.

I'm Neil.

I have a Tri Vista 21 DAC, not used in a fair while, first I have heard of this problem. Contact MF and get them to sort it. I think they offer upgrade options as well.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Nah I had a Tri-Vista SACD and it was quite seeable. The 21 has the same output stage board IIRC.

Replacements are actually easy to buy there were thousands on eBay when I last checked a few years ago.
    Only problem with those was the crap transports that would fail and could not be repaired.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast