+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Cables

I'm Brian.

Agreed , I've been mucking around with audio cables since the early nineties . It'll be good to have a play around with someone else's efforts
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    DAC 3 French DAC
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Chord Epic Twin

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    You're spot on mate. Didn't expect much from this stuff but it's really working in my system
    Have you ever tried ring main cable, twin core + earth (solid core), as speaker cable? The 2.5mm and 4mm core can sound amazingly good. The 4mm is a bugger to work with though and few banana plugs will fit, although you can kink the ends slightly so they fit straight into banana sockets without plugs and without falling out.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Have you ever tried ring main cable, twin core + earth (solid core), as speaker cable? The 2.5mm and 4mm core can sound amazingly good. The 4mm is a bugger to work with though and few banana plugs will fit, although you can kink the ends slightly so they fit straight into banana sockets without plugs and without falling out.
    Haha, yes I have! Albeit in the garage. Was very surprised by the difference it made. Not sure I'd try it on the rig but who knows! I've got plenty of flex cable.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Jolida JD9 MKII > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Oliver.

Brian has sent the cables to JAMIE so next up is Jerry then Westlower.

If anyone else is interested in giving these cables a listen let me know. Ta

Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Jolida JD9 MKII > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Oliver.

Just a little update,

Tried out the MSAUDIO plugs with my cable today. From what I can hear and measure, and as predicted, there is no difference in sound quality or Capacitance.

The MSAUDIO plugs are £10 cheaper than the AECO but take a few weeks to arrive once ordered.

I think the AECO look better, feel better and grip the cable in a more secure way so I added a bit more heat shrink in a way that means there's no difference there either.

So, would you use MSAudio or AECO ?

The measured capacitance of my 75cm pair came out at 74pf. Klotz with MSAudio were 109pf and "The Brian" with MSAudio were 147pf

All lengths were 75cm.

I'm Andy.

I like the look of the AECO plugs better.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    I like the look of the AECO plugs better.
    Thanks Andy! I agree.

I'm GettingFunky.

As I canít see the plugs when the cable is installed, and there is no sonic difference I would go with the cheaper plugs.
    Kevin

Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Techne-Audio modified DL-103/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU).
    Pioneer PD-S703.
    Battery powered Beresford Caiman II.
    Firebottle KIN fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Firebottle Monoblocks fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters.
    Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp.
    Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650.
    DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects.
    Talk cable 3 speaker cable.
    Neotech hybrid mains cables from MCRU
    Power Inspired AG1500

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    As I canít see the plugs when the cable is installed, and there is no sonic difference I would go with the cheaper plugs.
    Thanks Kevin that's a good point.

I'm Mark.

Oliver, If you still need some more testers for the cables, I will give them a go, if you want to put me on the list.
    CD:- Bel Canto CD2 Player & VBS1 psu(mods by Mr.C)
    DAC:- Bel Canto DAC 3.5mkIIvb & VBL1 psu
    Pre Amp:- Townshend Allegri+
    Amplification:- Herron Audio M1A Monoblocks
    Loudspeakers:- Audio Physic Sitara
    System Cables:- Coherent Cables - 5D AES, 5D Interconnects, 4D Speaker cable.
    Power Cables:- Less Loss DFPC Reference & PS Audio AC-5
    Isolation:- Track Audio Isoation Feet
    Stand:- Optimum 660

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast