+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't demand anti-biotics from your GP!

I'm Rob.

Default Don't demand anti-biotics from your GP!

There is an advert by the NHS telling you not to ask/demand that your GP prescribe anti-biotics. Is it not the case that any GP in their right mind will not prescribe them if they are not needed? It is not for us to demand that we have them.

More money wasting by the NHS.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Dave.

GPs do not have to prescribe Antibiotics and in my experience they do only when necessary. However, people do demand them and I'm not sure if GPs then are forced to prescribe.

IMO, the real waste of resources is in treating all and sundry who visit Hospitals, whether they have paid into the system or not.

I'm Martin.

They are not forced to prescribe, it is just a quick way to get some pain in the arse out of your surgery.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

It seems from Googling that they feel "under pressure" to prescribe even when they know that they will not provide a cure e.g the common cold. They need to man up and have the courage of their convictions.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Martin.

I don't see why they can't give people placebos and just tell them it is antibiotics. Then everyone is happy.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't see why they can't give people placebos and just tell them it is antibiotics. Then everyone is happy.
    think they do.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I am, rarely at the doctors but I tend to find its a bit of a one way relationship. I never feel I am getting their full attention or best practice.
    Its like the Spike milligan sketch when the doctor asks if this will be private or on the NHS...Of course if private is mentioned a desk is swivelled round with all the best equipment on it. Ok that maybe an unfair reference today but there is just that feeling that costs are under strict quotas and I am not provided with the best creams or medicines

I wonder if the medical reps still visit the doctors regularly

I think more people should demand medicines and ask for a full explanation why they are not getting them. Im sorry but I do tend to feel that gps are overpaid and underworked. Maybe I just dont like going to a doctor but it will probably happen more as I get older
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 26-10-2017 at 05:31.

I'm Mike.

They are not forced to prescribe, it is just a quick way to get some pain in the arse out of your surgery.
    Very much so. When I did work in the NHS (many years ago) we were all appalled when pushy patients demanded Hospital transport for their appointments and the spineless Doctors gave it to them to avoid an argument.

I'm Martin.

Did it myself when I wanted to get signed off work after having my leg stitched up.

Vet asks me what I do at work, told him, he says well you can still do that, no need for a sick note. I pointed out I had to walk there and back and it was very painful just to walk a few steps. Still not bothered so I kicked off, sick note written out straight away.

That was good because it was the work's fault I'd been injured so I had 2 weeks off on full pay. Happy days.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Phil.

used to know a very bloody minded Gp who had more complaints against him than you have ever heard of . but a lady was really suffereing with urinary infection and they refused to prescribe becuase of these presures . caused the person so much agony agony
    they are between a rock and a hard place sometimes . especially with pressure ulcers and dodgy swab results
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast