+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roksan Radius 5 vibrations

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    The vibration and speed issues may be separate.

I reviewed a Radius 5 mk2 for Hifi Pig a few years back and noted speed instability.
    A comment by a Radius 5 owner at the end of the review offers a fix for the speed variability.
    Well worth a look.

http://hifipig.com/roksan-radius-5-m...ver-cartridge/
    That was very interesting, thank you. I shall try the double sided tape fix, I'll do a before and after test to try to discern any difference. I naturally assumed the 2 issues were related and that the vibrations were causing a vibrato effect on long notes, hopefully not.

Cheers

Rich.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I have read that the motor has been a weak point on older models. replacing motor seems to fix this. best i can help with
    I have been looking at the Origin live motor upgrade, but as much as I enjoy this deck I am still working towards my end deck which is a Gyro, so I think that sort of money would be better kept and put towards that in a few years time.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I have read that the motor has been a weak point on older models. replacing motor seems to fix this. best i can help with
    It looks like the Origin live DC motors start at £255, I did initially think that as much as I like this deck I didn't want to spend too much on it, but as I have a Linn LK140 going spare the sale of that should take care of the best part of the new motor cost.

It might all work out after all

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

bound to improve is value and sale ability too if you go for a gyro down line
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Just to cap off a thread.

The problem seems to have been in the risers I fitted to allow the use of my cart. I obviously didn't make a great job of it as removing them has made a big difference, pitch wobble issue fixed, it only took replacing the deck to get it sorted

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12