+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Everyone

I'm Alun.

Cool Hello Everyone

Hello,

My name is Alun, originally from Newcastle I now live a little further north in Northumberland.

I have recently rekindled my love of vinyl when I picked a a second hand turntable approximately 18 months ago. I have now discovered Analogue Productions pressings of some favourite artists such as The Doors and Roger Waters which in my opinion are excellent quality and show exactly what the format is capable of.

My current system consists of a Rega P5 fitted with a 2M blue, deerskin mat and silicone belt, Rega Fono MK2 phono stage, Yamaha AS 500 amp, Marantz 6003 CD player and Mission MX3 speakers, Tellurium Q ultra blue speaker cables, Chord Clearway and Crimson interconnects, housed in a Stands Unique AV high unit.

My musical tastes are very wide and enjoy many genres but I predominantly listen to rock and prog from 60s through to today. My first musical hero was David Bowie.

I will look forward to swapping experiences and drawing on some of your opinions on upgrading my system.

I'm John.

Hi Alun and welcome to AoS.

This is a vinyl nut's paradise so you should fit right in

Hope you enjoy it.

I'm Brian.

Hi Alun , welcome to AOS . I've been using digital in one form or another since the late 80s and . like you , returned to vinyl last year . I'm on the fence a bit because I have a very good digital system and I think I will have to spend some serious cash to make me jump off on the vinyl side . I'll have to have a look at Analogue productions offerings .

There are loads of members here who use analogue systems and who have loads of experience in that area .

Enjoy the forum
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Geoff.

Hi Alun. Welcome to AOS.

If you have any ideas about the direction your system will be going as you upgrade, we'd like to hear about them.

Join in and chat with the members, there's plenty going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread