+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all

I'm Andy.

Default Hi all

I'm Andrzej or Andy to not complicate things too much. Originally from Krakow, Poland, I've been living in West London for the last couple of years. Not my first time in the UK, though, as I was a postgraduate here between '95 and '99 (Oxford and St. Andrews). Not a single Polish deli back then

I've been into music and all things HiFi as long as I can remember; built my first pair of DIY speakers when I was 13. Studied electronic engineering but never pursued an electronics career. Too many other interests, I guess
    Was an active musician until cubital tunnel syndrome put an end to most of that. Still enjoy strumming my six-string from time to time.

Had a 4-year stint with highfidelity.pl, an online high-end audio magazine. Made friends with quite a few interesting people during that time

Music has always been a very important part of my life and my music interests seem to grow wider with age. I can't think of a single music genre I actually don't like. If hard pressed to name my favourite I'd probably say classic progressive rock. First love never dies

I'm Geoff.

Hello Andy. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what equipment you currently use in your system and if you have any changes in mind.

You'll find plenty to interest you here, so feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Andy.
    Regards Neil

I'm Andy.

I assumed that listing audio components in my profile makes them visible to all. Should I also add them to my signature?

Anyway, here goes. I basically started all over after coming to the UK. Humble beginnings: Acoustic Reseatch 'The Turntable', an Audiolab 8000A and Monitor Audio R552s. I got the whole setup via the well known auction site. Only on meeting him did I learn about the AoS. Also, we found out with Rob that we have a common friend in Poland, owner of the biggest HiFi salon in Krakow. Small world, indeed...

I soon added a streaming option, a Raspberry Pi 2 with the IQaudIO Pi-DAC+. Then came a DIY amplifier. It's a hybrid design from Haiku Audio, a small audio manufacturer based in Krakow and run by my friend. He is a very special person, being a professional classical contrabasoonist and an electronic engineer. He also plays free jazz, to top it off
    I still need to finish my Haiku and basically find a proper enclosure for it. My two recent additions have been a Rega Apollo CD player and a pair of Kef Reference 103/4s. Speaker cables and ICs are Viper Xanthina. My headphone set is an Aune DAC/headamp and Ultrasone ProLine 2500's.

Do I have changes in mind you ask, Geoff? How could I not?
    Last edited by anddzia; 24-10-2017 at 20:30.

I'm M.

Hi Andy welcome to AOS

I'm Dave.

Hi Andy, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Rob.

Hi Andy, I like a bit of DIY, is the Haiku on Diyaudio or do you have a link. Welcome by the way.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Shaun.

Andy, you are indeed very welcome here. All hail the great Prog Rock...!

I'm Andy.

Hi Rob,

Haiku is not a Diyaudio forum design. As I wrote earlier, Haiku Audio is a small - but growing - audio manufacturer based in Krakow. Their first product was Haiku Bright, a hybrid amplifier based on a 3-stage design, with only the first one being voltage amplifier. Until about 2 years ago it was possible to buy the amplifier as a DIY kit. A schematic diagram and a detailed description of the topology used is still available online on the Haiku website. The description is unfortunately in Polish but I've just tried using Google translator and must admit that the result is quite understandable Here's the link: http://www.haiku-audio.pl/audiyo/bright-opis
    If there's more interest, I'm happy to discuss it in more detail, perhaps in the DIY section?

+ Reply to Thread