+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quad's

I'm Dan.

Default Quad's

Hi Guys

33/303

Just looking to buy a separate lead so i can run a different pre to the power and have realized that i have been using 4 pin connectors between the Pre & power getting a little bit of hiss at the mo doesn't change with volume? Disc & Tape Boards Maybe? all new power leads and 4 pin to 4 pin so i cant see why its doing it...

Thank you
    Last edited by dantheman91; 21-10-2017 at 16:55.
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm openingabottleofwine.

What type of connectors are used on the preamp you wish to use? If they are RCA 'phono', then a suitable lead terminated with these at one end and 4-pin DIN plug at the other end is readily available from Flashback Sales.
    Barry

I'm Dan.

Hi Barry

I only need a 4 pin to RCA from the 303, Just wondering this as i have a hiss problem at the mo just wondering if its because im using both 4 pin to power & Pre if this makes sense?
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm openingabottleofwine.

If you are using a 4-pin DIN to 4-pin DIN lead between your 33 and 303, then you shouldn't be having any hum or hiss problems. Is the hiss noticeable at low levels?

I'll have a look in my collection of interconnects to see if I have a spare RCA to 4-pin DIN lead. I'm not at home at the moment, so it won't be until the middle of next week until I can have a look.
    Barry

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If you are using a 4-pin DIN to 4-pin DIN lead between your 33 and 303, then you shouldn't be having any hum or hiss problems. Is the hiss noticeable at low levels?

I'll have a look in my collection of interconnects to see if I have a spare RCA to 4-pin DIN lead. I'm not at home at the moment, so it won't be until the middle of next week until I can have a look.
    Hi

Yep the usual 4 pin leads between pre & power - the hiss is their doesn't change in volume its just their which is odd never had problem before was always silent been reading it could be the boards shall i take them out clean them and put them back in? Sure im willing to pay for a 4 pin to RCA if you have one no rush im just using the Quads again as sat in the box for a while...

Thanks
    Daniel
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

+ Reply to Thread