+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeezebox problem

I'm Jerry.

Default Squeezebox problem

I can't connect to Radio Paradise 128aac.
    I have this stored in my favourites: http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128aac-2.m3u
    That link obviously works but my SB3 says 'cant resolve IP address'
    Any clues?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I can't connect to Radio Paradise 128aac.
    I have this stored in my favourites: http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128aac-2.m3u
    That link obviously works but my SB3 says 'cant resolve IP address'
    Any clues?
    Firewall issue ?
    I have the same link in my favourites folder, and it's playing right now with no issues.

Chris

Further thoughts.
    Can you access any internet radio ? Radio 2 via iPlayer for example.

Chris

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Firewall issue ?
    I have the same link in my favourites folder, and it's playing right now with no issues.

Chris
    No Chris, Squeezebox is set up in the Windows firewall exceptions and I have just tried turning it off to no avail.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Further thoughts.
    Can you access any internet radio ? Radio 2 via iPlayer for example.

Chris
    Well I can get Radio Acoustic but not Radio2 via iPlayer
    Jerry

Are you sat behind a router ?
    Has someone been messing about with firewall settings on that ?

Chris

I'm Jerry.

I am behind a router but I am not aware of any recent alterations to its settings and RP128aac was playing a couple of nights ago.
    Jerry

If you were playing ok a couple of nights ago, have you tried rolling back your machine to 3 or 4 days ago ?

Try it and see if you can access the radio stuff (iPlayer as well as RP).

Then take note as any updates for anything whatsoever come along.

I've only ever had problems accessing internet radio when there has been an update of the Slim client, and those problems have always been firewall related.

Chris

I'm Jerry.

Good idea-I shall try that-I think there has been an update recently.
    Jerry

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

I'd have to agree about the router firewall.

You can try adding a rule to allow without restriction the IP address od the squeezebox. Given that its an appliance, it should be free from all the windows viruses and security issues that float around the internet.

can you set the squeezebox to a static IP address (as opposed to DHCP). this means you can allocate specific rules to this device and allow the nesessary traffic.

If you get really stuck, PM me. Internet control and security is my full time job!!!
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast