+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It does make you lazy !

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not fun at all Chris.

I broke my neck in a Judo contest and didn't find out until two years later, when I started getting stiff necks. They sent me for xrays and the doctor said "when did you break your neck?". Seems I'd carried on training with a busted neck and not known. I remember the injury, but just put it down to another neck strain. Quite common in judo, I'd had a few over the years.
    It's scary stuff Geoff.
    In my case a vertebra had sheared through, and the two parts hadn't come back together and seated properly, hence the break it and plate it operation.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    It's my way of pointing out how bloody pointless what they're doing is. They have to do it properly, otherwise what's the point.
    They should be asking me what it is, not me telling them it's there.
    It's a bit worrying, I had this lot fitted (for a ruptured PCL) in my left knee...I've flown about 6 times since, and haven't triggered the alarm once

And that's on top of fused big toe!

LARS for reconstructing damaged intra-articular cruciate knee ligaments (MIB30)

the LARS scaffold: £1391
    the LARS screw (4.7×15 mm, 5.2×15 mm, 5.2×20 mm or 5.2×30 mm): each £153
    staple (8×20 mm): £171
    pin (2x250 mm): £30
    ligament screw (6×30 mm, 7×25 mm, 7×30 mm, 8×25 mm, 8×30 mm, 9×25 mm, 9×30 mm):
    each £171
    Cheers, Will

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    It's a bit worrying, I had this lot fitted (for a ruptured PCL) in my left knee...I've flown about 6 times since, and never triggered the alarm once

And that's on top of fused big toe!

LARS for reconstructing damaged intra-articular cruciate knee ligaments (MIB30)

the LARS scaffold: £1391
    the LARS screw (4.7×15 mm, 5.2×15 mm, 5.2×20 mm or 5.2×30 mm): each £153
    staple (8×20 mm): £171
    pin (2x250 mm): £30
    ligament screw (6×30 mm, 7×25 mm, 7×30 mm, 8×25 mm, 8×30 mm, 9×25 mm, 9×30 mm):
    each £171
    It may be that there are more of us mechanically repaired individuals out there than we can conceive, so maybe the sensitivity of the gates is down because of it.
    Perhaps they had too much of this type of thing going on ...

Chris

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Streaming , I now only need 1 arm , no legs requires either
    Not streaming but I've been using a server for a while, can't fault the server/DAC but I'd go back to a CD player given the opportunity
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    A physical mechanical upgrade is a good description
    It's certainly good for testing security systems.

Sometimes, when I'm being swept for concealed items (every time I go to the match), I point out that they haven't done a very good job and scanned the back of my head and shoulders.
    So they go carefully around the back of my head and shoulders, they're always startled by the strength of response they get, and it's then I tell 'em what it is.
    It's my way of pointing out how bloody pointless what they're doing is. They have to do it properly, otherwise what's the point.
    They should be asking me what it is, not me telling them it's there.
    This is so true. Just flew to Berlin for work and the whole 100ml rubbish caught me out as I expected to check my bag in but didn’t need to, so had to bin my shaving gel. It smacks much more of being a way to ‘encourage’ purchases from the airside shops....

As for streaming... best invention for years. I listen to loads more music than I could but, I avoid all the crappy ads on commercial radio and I can do that ‘related artists’ thing.

Let’s get contentious - maybe streaming doesn’t appeal to hifi lovers but it does appeal to music lovers
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    maybe streaming doesn’t appeal to hifi lovers but it does appeal to music lovers
    Have you analysed the reasons you said that?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

When I think of streaming I think of a local library of losslessly compressed files.
    Outside services (BBC iPlayer and Spotify) are incorporated, but they're of slightly lower quality than the local library.

I've noticed that when a lot of other people mention streaming they're usually concerned primarily with the outside services.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123