+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It does make you lazy !

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Thursday, February 26th, 2009 was the start of a pretty dreadful period for me - some inattentive idiot ploughed into the back of my motor, and, as came to light in the following months, managed to break my neck.
    Not fun at all Chris.

I broke my neck in a Judo contest and didn't find out until two years later, when I started getting stiff necks. They sent me for xrays and the doctor said "when did you break your neck?". Seems I'd carried on training with a busted neck and not known. I remember the injury, but just put it down to another neck strain. Quite common in judo, I'd had a few over the years.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Yeah we were just having a laugh and then it got all serious. Im sorry to hear about anyone having a serious injury

Convenience with technology is great. Come on I bet you are all secretly admitting that walking over to a turntable ia a bit of a chore tee hee. Ive got two turntables sat over there and even I think its a ball ache sometimes

Only this morning I have searched some records, sampled loads of tunes and downloaded a mini album of remixes while sitting on the sofa having my breakfast and a nice cup of lemon and ginger tea

I'm Grant.

i switch my stereo on via voice control now. saves a lot of faff as there was 3 switches spread about
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Chris , sorry to here about the accident , I was not knocking it , its called humer ( The streaming , not your accident )
    Don't worry Al.
    I wasn't looking for sympathy. I've recovered from it as well as I'm going to.

The accident and surgery bit is true, but the first 2 lines of that post were an attempt at ironic humour, the last line is my viewpoint, and the remainder of the post was pointing out the context and circumstances that helped me form that view.

I also recognised your post as humorous (I still do).
    I'm still trying to work out what's funny about streaming

As I started on the previous post, Welcome to the future!
    It's been around for a while.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Geoff.

All this talk of moving arms and fingers? Why exert such needless energy? Voice control is the way to go! That is, until I fully develop my telekinetic powers!

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Don't worry Al.
    I wasn't looking for sympathy. I've recovered from it as well as I'm going to.

The accident and surgery bit is true, but the first 2 lines of that post were an attempt at ironic humour, the last line is my viewpoint, and the remainder of the post was pointing out the context and circumstances that helped me form that view.

I also recognised your post as humorous (I still do).
    I'm still trying to work out what's funny about streaming

As I started on the previous post, Welcome to the future!
    It's been around for a while.

I thought humer was cucumber flavoured humous!

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    it was years ago and thanks to the titanium armour you can break a two by four across his back and he won't even notice. More of an upgrade really.
    A physical mechanical upgrade is a good description
    It's certainly good for testing security systems.

Sometimes, when I'm being swept for concealed items (every time I go to the match), I point out that they haven't done a very good job and scanned the back of my head and shoulders.
    So they go carefully around the back of my head and shoulders, they're always startled by the strength of response they get, and it's then I tell 'em what it is.
    It's my way of pointing out how bloody pointless what they're doing is. They have to do it properly, otherwise what's the point.
    They should be asking me what it is, not me telling them it's there.
    Chris

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    All this talk of moving arms and fingers? Why exert such needless energy? Voice control is the way to go! That is, until I fully develop my telekinetic powers!

Geoff
    Yes. I believe in voice control. If I say 'F... Off' to somebody, they generally get the point.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I thought humer was cucumber flavoured humous!

Geoff
    I thought so too!
    Then I dug around for a definition, and found out it's a prefix used in medicine for conditions of the leg.
    Chris

I'm Geoff.

'Noxious Humours' was an old term for types of illness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast