+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Heybrook TT2 w. RB300 -- cartridge recommendations

I'm Shane.

Once you’re up and running, there’s a lot to be said for just leaving things be and getting really familiar with what you’ve got. Take your time, forget about evaluating the turntable and start evaluating your record collection. If that’s an exciting prospect, then you’ve got it about right. Don’t change anything until you’ve got a really good mental platform for comparison. You’ll often find that the biggest realisations about how the system is performing come when you’re only half-listening to it.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Svend.

Very perceptive Shane. I pretty much reached that point a couple of weeks ago, where I'd had enough of fiddling and fussing with tonearms and cartridges and generally tweaking the deck. I was missing the pleasure of just listening to my favourite vinyl. When the first notes started playing from this latest 1022/RB300 combo I new I'd hit on a good fit and would finally be able to just sit back and enjoy for a while. Ahhh...bliss...

Great advice and insight. Thanks for the reality check :-)

Best,
    Svend

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Once you’re up and running, there’s a lot to be said for just leaving things be and getting really familiar with what you’ve got. Take your time, forget about evaluating the turntable and start evaluating your record collection. If that’s an exciting prospect, then you’ve got it about right. Don’t change anything until you’ve got a really good mental platform for comparison. You’ll often find that the biggest realisations about how the system is performing come when you’re only half-listening to it.
    i completely agree shane,i swear i was more happy when i had a basic turntable set up,it seems with me that the more you go up the more everything has to be dead right or it sounds off. these days i seem to spend more time buggering about with it than listening,i think i need to re think my vinyl front end again
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Svend.

I hear ya Jamie. I'm pretty sure that the Heybrook is not going to be that kind of turntable which will have me fussing over it constantly. Once set up properly I expect it will be trouble free and need minimal upkeep and readjusting. I'm pretty much there wrt. the deck itself with restoration and all that. Now I look forward to settling on a good tonearm/cartridge match and then just forgetting about all that and simply enjoying the music. I will likely do a couple of more things to better isolate it, but I'd have to do that with any deck, not just the Heybrook.

Hope you find a good deck that will suit your needs.

Cheers,
    Svend

I'm jamie.

ah well the deck is sorted,im happy with that,ive just had a run of cartridge/arm troubles.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    ah well the deck is sorted,im happy with that,ive just had a run of cartridge/arm troubles.
    Tell me about it! Same problems here... Of the three tonearms I've tried on the Heybrook, the last two have gone kaput before I've even had a chance to properly play them. Back to the old reliable RB300 now and enjoying the calm. Hope you get your arm issues figured out.

Best,
    Svend

I'm jamie.

cool,i used my tt2 with an ittok,that combination worked very well.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Svend.

Good one Jamie -- I'll keep that in mind. I'm hoping that the ADC arm and cartridge will turn out to be a winning combo, considering all the trouble I've taken to get it and then repair it. If not, then oh well (shrug), at least the present RB300/1022 combo is sounding good so I'll not be without a good vinyl source. Now that the holidays are over and I have a bit more time, I will look at doing another arm swap at some point later this month to see how the ADC sounds.

I read part of your Zeta thread. Frustrating it must be. Hope you get it singing again soon...

Svend

I'm jamie.

im sure i will,the zeta is going off to j7 at audio origami for a health check and re-wire tomorrow.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Svend.

In good hands there. He should get you sorted out. I will probably send him my R200 arm for a rewire as well - despite the shipping distance and all that, he's the only one I would trust to do a proper job on this arm. And the most reasonable fees too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast